Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA - whats it like?

Options
  • 07-10-2004 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

is it hard/easy?? and do you have to be good at maths?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

johnjo76 wrote:
    do you have to be good at maths?

From what I remember of last year, if you go to the maths lectures, by the end of the year you will remember no maths. However you will be tempted to eat in KFC more.

Its not as hard as other courses can be. Its really just a case of going to the lectures and labs and doing the odd bit of study. If you have no interest in computers or programming however, its not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Winters wrote:
    Its not as hard as other courses can be. Its really just a case of going to the lectures and labs and doing the odd bit of study. If you have no interest in computers or programming however, its not for you.
    Pretty much. It's grand if you have an interest and attend well. But you'd be ****ed otherwise. Highest dropout rate, I understand. There was 159 in first year last year, and it's down to 85 in second year now. It's all just people who didn't know what they were getting into. I love the course, but I can see how people could find it very hard.

Maths isn't too bad. Hard, yea. But you could struggle through first year not being all that good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

you can get away with not turning up to things in 1st year, but it gets harder in 2nd. and you definately will fail unless you turn up to things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

its not so hard from what ive had so far, clancy is a bit confusing so far with his constant piss-taking and superfluos words. ill keep going but im starting on my own little version of the course tonight (i did the same for the leaving cert and got an A)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Logic Train:

<Student> I like surfing the internet.
    <Student> Computer Applications... hmm, I use computer applications, internet explorer is the best!
    <Student> I'll learn how to surf the web really well, learn how to use windows and play with neato games.
    *Student puts DC121 down on CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

clancy is a gas cooker alright, has he started on about the greeks inventing numbers and just about everything else yet?

Im a fourth year now and suprisingly there is about 220 in 4th year, including repeat students of which there are a few, foreign students of which there are a few and some lads who have just joined somehow that I dont understand.

About 150 of our original first year class seem to have passed the first three years though and now finally, finally, finally the modules seem a bit more interesting and relevant.

Thanks be to jesus there is no UML anyway.

Advertisement