Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asian Dvd Quesion

• 07-10-2004 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Is there any website that I can buy asian dvds like '"Bullet In the Head", "Shiri" by cash as i don't have a credit card.

Websites Like play.co.uk, only have the credit card option of payment

cheers
    Liquidus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Shiri is in my local Xtravision. I was quite surprised to see it there actually.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Liquidus wrote:
    Is there any website that I can buy asian dvds like '"Bullet In the Head", "Shiri" by cash as i don't have a credit card.

Websites Like play.co.uk, only have the credit card option of payment

cheers
    Liquidus
    I doubt there's a reputable online commercial retailer anywhere that accepts cash.

Think about it, you'd have to mail the cash, it's pre-ww2 stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Shiri is in my local Xtravision. I was quite surprised to see it there actually.

Ya, I got most of my collection from extravision, Police story, Drunken Master,
    Iron Monkey, all Hong Kong Legends stuff, but no Tartan Video like "Fulltime Killer" etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

the laser retail shop in south william st. and hmv on grafton street(upstairs top right hand corner, international cinema section) would be your best bets, im unsure if the normal laser rental shops sell dvd's or not

Does anyone from the Galway city area know where to get asian dvds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Liquidus wrote:
    Does anyone from the Galway city area know where to get asian dvds?

I do.

The internet.

Ah no. That's mean. If you want to rent them then go to 2001 on Eglinton St. or Shantalla Movie House on Shantalla Road. If you want to buy them then your best bet would be Redlight Records. They have a few Tartan videos and would probably order ones in for you if you ask nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Redlight indeedily do stock, and order in quite a few good titles. But be prepared to pay a good €30 or more.

Redlight indeedily do stock, and order in quite a few good titles. But be prepared to pay a good €30 or more.

Is that the Eglinton street, or the shop street one

Generally the shop street one has better stock, but Eglinton had a few I beleive. I know the one of Shop St. has Shiri anyway.

I was in the Eglinton street one today, they have a cople of titles like the ring
    and battle royale 1@2 etc

i was wondering is battle royale special edition worth spending more on the standard copy and also if anyone heard of the Shogun series box set.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the special edition is definetly superior, and Shogun is worth a watch.

any other places where i can find other dvds,eg hong kong legends
    Extravision used to do them in headford rd

Sub City do them, but they over-charge sometimes.

Advertisement