Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheer the Faroes Left Back...

• 07-10-2004 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Please send this on to everyone you know who is going to the game and post it on other boards.....

Cheer the Faroes Left Back.....

As you are aware Ireland play The Faroe Islands next week in a World Cup Qualifier. These games are normally non-events with the crowd not getting involved much. Also in the past few years the Irish Fans have been criticised for booing some of the opposition players...therefore due to these two reasons i have a plan which i would like you to endorse.

Start a campaign to cheer the Faroe Island Left back. I haven`t a clue who he is, but whenever he touches the ball all Irish fans should cheer him. All those passes along the back line to him should be cheered, his runs along the wing should be cheered. This will result in a number of things:-

We will totally confuse the poor fella.
    It will liven up what will probably be a boring match.
    It will get the crowd shouting and cheering.

Today is Thursday, if you start this campaign over the next few days i believe that we can get things going.......what do you think?????

For more info E.Mail cheer_the_faroes_left_back@yahoo.co.uk

Darco Ooragnak

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=18214

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

N00 w3y, he pl4yz 4 r4ng3rz!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

this has got to be 1 of the saddest threads ever..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

:D;)
    Gangsta wrote:

I doubt that it's going to be an excellent game of football so what is the harm in having a laugh and cheering an opposing player?

From Greg O'Brien on foot.ie

we'll be getting behind our team like never before on saturday night, so what wrong with having a little fun next wednesday. it a harmless laugh and great to see irish fans in good spirits. lighten up!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i love the idea good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Gangsta wrote:
    Don't blame the thread, if you don't like the idea blame the person who came up with it. It has already been mentioned on Today FM and is odds on to go ahead. The internet is a powerful thing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

never heard it on today FM yet. I hope the fella doesnt play for anyone like rangers. That booing ranger player thing was really bad taste.

never heard it on today FM yet. I hope the fella doesnt play for anyone like rangers. That booing ranger player thing was really bad taste.
    They haven't got many full time players never mind players at Rangers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

eirebhoy wrote:
    Don't blame the thread, if you don't like the idea blame the person who came up with it. It has already been mentioned on Today FM and is odds on to go ahead. The internet is a powerful thing. :)

Well said eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Id say he plays for FC Thorshavn, all their other players pretty much play for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:

A lot of people are bored on a thursday would be a more believable reason.

Good idea trying to get irish fans to cheer at a match using radio and internet and possibly tv (Eamo we know your reading this). Next we try playing a match in front of them and Irish national team to play maybe that might get them cheering! or maybe not .

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Considering we barely cheer our own team at Lansdowne it asking a bit much to cheer one of theirs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I think its a fantastic idea!!

Think about it, it would be so funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

we should give whoever comes off a standing ovation too :D

and at the start, cheer their every pass, that oughta confuse them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Let's all wear Faroe Island jerseys too. That.ll really confuse them. ;)

Anything that can generate a bit of atmosphere at Landsdown is a good idea provided it doesn,t distract our own team after all it is an important game with Three world cup points at stake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

not a bad idea, I think it will get the crowd going if we do it at the start of the match. I'm going on Wednesday and i hope for a goal fest from us and god only knows what the left back will be thinking when we are cheering for him like he is one of our own.lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Call him a peadophile instead, something that always works against the Cork City left full! :D

Cheering the opposition players? Oh my God I have seen it all now. Just f**k off to the pub and take your plastic hammers with you. :)

Bateman wrote:
    That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Call him a peadophile instead, something that always works against the Cork City left full! :D

Cheering the opposition players? Oh my God I have seen it all now. Just f**k off to the pub and take your plastic hammers with you. :)
    Ah its only a training session...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

The Muppet wrote:
    Let's all wear Faroe Island jerseys too. That.ll really confuse them. ;)

where can we(I) get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i think it will be a great laugh provided we dont distract our lads from doing their job it should be sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

*reads post*

*squints*

*still cant make it out*

*gets pain in head*

*lies down*

• Advertisement

I do believe Jon Jacobsen, playing at full back, has just scored the winner away to Cyprus.
    There are several Jacobsens though, and I'm not sure where he's playing tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

on no, the faroes are winning. are they are going to be more difficult that cyprus :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That wouldnt be hard now tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Pigman II wrote:
    Considering we barely cheer our own team at Lansdowne it asking a bit much to cheer one of theirs too.

I'm sorry, but that's crapola, even playing away tonight, we're out supporting the French.

Cyprus eqaulised it in the end, so the Faroes have less to play for now - phew!
    Anyone see Lichtenstein pulling back a draw against Portugal from 2-0 down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm sorry, but that's crapola, even playing away tonight, we're out supporting the French.

What does that prove? The Irish love anything as longs as it's 'an occasion' and a nice weekend in Paris watching football certainly qualifies as such. I guarentee you when the end of the universe comes along it won't be Zaphod Beedlebrox, Ford Prefect and the rest there to witness it .... it'll be a restaurant full of drunken Irishmen goin 'ya know I was a massive fan the galaxy back when no one else had even heard of it'.

However if you still doubt me and my opinion the standard mean 'calibre' of fan who generally populate Lansdowne for competitive matches then how about we try a little experiment which will work as follows. If it's 0-0 after 20 mins v Faeroes on Wednesday I'll first cough 'Told You So' in morse code to whichever side of the stadium you are on and when you cough back 'I heard you' in morse I will then drop a pin on the ground just to re-emphasise my point.

Be ready for it!

Advertisement