Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ever changing face of home.

• 07-10-2004 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

So fellow limerick people what do ye all make of the monster construction work currently going on in the city center?
    Id like to highlight the work down around the river front,i think its great and feel limerick is a real up and comming city.
    Any comments or views on all this new development?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I like it, The likes of the Clarion is a great addition to the skyline of Limerick city. and I can't wait for the work behind the eircom building to be finnished.

Baker Place is getting a bit of a facelift as well. The little lights in the ground around taits clock give the area a nice modern look. They have the same type of lights in the ground around the new Dunnes Stores on Henry Street.

I just hope that the City Council will be able to keep the area in prestine condition. They let cruises street go to wreck and ruin with chewing gum stuck to the little cobbles taking the look off the place.

I know it was lazy youngsters who put the chewing gum there but the corporation let it go to the dogs insteat of keeping it clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

That new building opposite jurys inn is going to look unreal, I can't wait till it's done. The new Bank Of Scotland building has come along way in a short time aswell. Henry street in general now is a lovely street. Pity O Connell street still looks like a dump, regardless of how new the shop fronts look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well there was talk of them tearing down the Royal George, dont know whats going to happen to the likes of savins though.

William Street needs work too, seems to be nothing there now only pound shops and charity shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I read marks and spencers bought it and are moving in, I don't know when though.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

There is amazing plans for o connel street in the near future!
    The george is gutted already its just the front thats still there,marks and spencers have it now i think.
    O connel st is meant to be pedestrianised in the comming years i saw a plan for it and it looked realy good dont know if they will go ahead with it do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

Henry Street is looking well now specially when all that work will be finished. mmm imagine o'connell street in the way patrick street in cork is right now all pedestians,
    cant sat much for william street - try walking up that street on a sat listening to "cum ere i wantcha" or "well boys hows it goin" complete and utter scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There is amazing plans for o connel street in the near future!
    The george is gutted already its just the front thats still there,marks and spencers have it now i think.
    O connel st is meant to be pedestrianised in the comming years i saw a plan for it and it looked realy good dont know if they will go ahead with it do?
    Amazingly O'Connell st is still not pedestrianised

Interesting read in this thread to see how much and how little has changed

Advertisement