Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An idea for rip off compbating...

Options
  • 07-10-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

This is an idea I've had floating around for a while, but have yet to implement in any way. Basically I was thinking about trying to get a cash and carry card. There are somethings that I buy quite regularly (eg coke mmmm....), so if I could buy them in bulk I'd save a fortune. Has anyone every done this? I was thinking of setting up a company (or 'being a sole trader' (it's in quotes cause I'd only be 'selling' to myself)). What kind of things would I have to do? Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any information/tip/advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have done this. You need a RBN cert and a VAT number to shop at a Cash and Carry. There are massive savings to be had in the order of 25-50%. The only snag is that you have to buy say 12 bottles of coke at a time etc. It is also very cheap for wine and spirits which can be purchased singluarly.

Any questions? please PM me.

Advertisement