Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Ip

• 07-10-2004 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just a short question...

I am going to set up a D-Link 624+ together with my NTL 1.5mb, however i have a slight problem.

I need to disable the DCHP in the modem for the router. As i am trying to access the modem on 192.168.1.0/192.168.0.1/192.168.100.1 there is no response, also tried to ping it but no luck there either

Get timeout when trying to ping it

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 mcobrien

If you're using Windows, type something like:

for /L %f in (0,1,255) do @ping -n 1 -w 100 192.168.0.%f | find "Reply from"

in a command prompt after changing the 192.168.0. part to whatever subnet you're on and you should get a list of IPs that exist on your network.

I think you will need to actually change your address to a subnet you're searching on, so you'd have to change to e.g. 192.168.1.2 to search for 192.168.1.1.

cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

Problem sorted.

Setup the router to accept the DCHP for the modem. Then the router will run the IP to the computer(s).

Also had problerm with connecting my laptop (wireless) but that was solved with the latest firmware for the router.

So now i'm a happy camper again :D

Advertisement