Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 1.5mb Slow Down

• 07-10-2004 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Has anyone experienced slow downstream speeds with this service in the last few days!?! My latest test has clocked the service at about half the advertised speed!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

No problems in Blanch (Delwood area).. got a steady 180-190kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

NO probs here (anymore - pings), Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

No probs here

1.5 user in Tallaght area..

Call NTL Support and see if there is a problem at your end

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

No problems here in Lucan. 1.5MB running at full speed both up and down :D

What program /website are you using to check your download speed ?
    The best program I found is Dan Elwell's Broadband Speed Test program. Download it from here www.broadbandspeedtest.co.uk and give it a go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Working grand in tallaght here too,
    there was problems last week but they have been sorted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

Ongar, Blanchardstown, reports full 1.5Mbps speed too.

2-3 weeks ago, we had 2 service interruptions, but I think that was down to DHCP probs between my router and the cable modem. Got it sorted myself in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I was getting a real slowdown yesterday afternoon and evening - web access was extremely slow - pinging boards and other sites was timing out or giving +4000ms pings. Strangely enough though, my downloads were still working (although only about 40k/s altogether)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

have u anything running on your machine that would affect the speed?
    p2p ? did u scan for viruses / spyware?

if not give ntl a call or take a few traceroutes to see where the slowdown is

there was a problem a few weeks ago but only affecting gamers in the evenings - that's sorted now

Advertisement