Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth V525 Problem

• 07-10-2004 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Guys,

On my motorola V525 I was previously able to pick up other bluetooth devices no problem. But now when I go to pick up devices it says that none have been found but yet their are several bluetooth devices around. I can send items from other bluetooth devices to my handset but not visa versa. Anyone any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi,

are they the same devices you were seeing before?
    is Bluetooth set to discoverable/visible on all those devices
    if you try pairing/bonding initiated from one of the other devices, and successfully creating the bond, can you then see/send to that device from the V525
    as a last resort have you tried resetting your phone

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

are they the same devices you were seeing before?
    is Bluetooth set to discoverable/visible on all those devices

Yeah ... same devices I could see before. They are set to discoverable.
    if you try pairing/bonding initiated from one of the other devices, and successfully creating the bond, can you then see/send to that device from the V525
    as a last resort have you tried resetting your phone

BrianG

I think it might be time for resetting ... will I loose pictures and numbers if I do a master reset?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

depends on the handset (e.g. some Sony Ericssons have two options Master Reset: All or Settings) - don't have a Moto V series so dunno what they do... would do a backup of important info anyway

maybe check on mobileburn / howardforums to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue first...

BrianG

Advertisement