Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network connection query in Xp

Options
  • 07-10-2004 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have Xp on two partions and on one copy I installed sp2 which I was lucky enough not to suffer with to much problems. The only thing I have noticed on my copy of xp with the sp2 is in control panel/network & internet connections/network connections/local area connection 4(my alcatel usb b/b modem)/properties-down the end where it only use to have a "show icon in notification area when connected" box it now also has a "Notify me when this connection has no or limited connectivity" box

The thing is when I have this box ticked it gives me a ! sign in my taskbar saying "
    the reason for this is because the network did not assign a network address to the computer"
    And when you click on the repair button it goes off and tries to renew the ip address with out success. Now either way with this box ticked or not my speed on the net is about the same but it is just bugging me.I know the smart arse's out there would say dont tick it but what is it picking up in the modem that give it an error

Sorry for the long post

Advertisement