Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guess i'll post something while i wait for my movie to restart

• 07-10-2004 11:11pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What i nice Thursday evening, watching the movie 'Three Kings' on Netw.......sorry, R-T-E 2, happy as larry.

I noticed that the ads seemed to be every 15 minutes or so, and I felt this to be a little OTT. But this was nothing compared to the fact that i'm now posting a new thread during the 25 minutes that i have to wait for the fecking news to finish, and my movie to restart!!!

Jaysus RTE, your really starting to piss me off with your carry on lately. The whole RTE 2 rebranding is a big waste of money, and as for your reality TV program 'The Dinner Party' which is a load of crap, not to mention the sketch show 'Stew'. Pure SHlTE!!

GRRRRRRR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This is hardly the first time RTE have put the news in the middle of a movie... Or any other channel to do it either for that matter... Sure its irritating, and breaks the flow, but hey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This should proberly be in televsion but never mind we feel your pain! Even bbc1 will now happily split films up to fit the news in. Its deplorable. They wont show em in widescrern or even 16:9 ratio often either!

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

mike65 wrote:
    This should proberly be in televsion but never mind we feel your pain! Even bbc1 will now happily split films up to fit the news in. Its deplorable. They wont show em in widescrern or even 16:9 ratio often either!

Mike.
    Ye, i had thought of that, but it was a bit late and when i called round to the Television forum the lights were off, and no one was home. I'm scared of the dark, so if its ok, i'll hang with you guys for a while.

I hope Monty (the one and only) won't mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

pfft... Just watch DVDs instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

pfft..easier said than done karl. Not everyone has a dvd player sitting under the tv specially not students :)

pity our tv doesn't have the right connections as to allow a laptop be hooked up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Kaimera, ask and you shall receive :
    http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191923

Santa

Advertisement