Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick ripwave question

• 08-10-2004 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭

Got RipWave up and running here on Wednesday (D8, just off South Circular) - I'm actually trying to acertain which mast I'm on...a tracert shows 'esb-et-1-7' as being the first hop, followed by 'rte-et-1-8'. I was under the impression that the ESB mast was Breeze, not RipWave?
    Point of all this, getting a weak signal (constant red), and trying to figure out the best place to position modem to get a better sig :)

lampsie

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

lucky you to even get a red light! i face 3 rock and i couldn't get a red light apart from for about 3 days! ring IBB and see if anything can be done about it, but you may find youself like i am - i think i'll be ordering the breeze thing and getting rid of the ripwave. what a shower of eejits in IBB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Yeah IBB is much worse than eircom and ntl combined. How's that for an insult? Seriously tho a mate of mine has had IBB almost since they installed masts in tallaght and has had nothing but trouble. Unfortunatly, next to satellite it's his only option as he's just out of reach of both ntl cable and eircom adsl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

wont be getting ripwave so, they rang me and told me it was available in my area (clonsilla) and i said ok cool send me out the forms, so they did and before i sent the forms (with all my bank details etc) back i rang them to confirm it is actually available, they said 'ah the clonsilla mast isnt actually built yet, but we plan to have it up and running in 3-4 weeks' - i said well ill send the application form when i can actually receive the service thanks. What bs though, they have been telling me it will be in my area in '3-4 weeks' since the start of june

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Well, after a bit of rediculously minute positioning, I'm getting a constant amber :) The key was, funnily enough, tilting the modem by about 10 degree's with a couple of pennies underneath it - the signal quality is around 15, the strength about -93, and getting 54KB/s on an ISO from ftp.heanet.ie woo :)

Still a bit confused about the mast thing tho, fink I'll ring em and see what the story is, just to satisfy my curiosity,

Lamps

Advertisement