Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"email this to a friend"?

Options
  • 08-10-2004 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Want to add this short facility to a site to enable a visitor to send the website url in an email to a friend. Sounds straightforward, although can I use an empty mailto link to do this - i.e. open a new email without obviously specifying the [user-defined] recipient?

Alternatively something like a form which takes an email address as input then sends email with website url as subject field to nominated recipient?

I guess second option would be cleaner but more difficult as my [crap] [windows] host does not offer a mail handler.

MJ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I would presume that you can do the same thing in ASP as you can in PHP, so this shouldn't be hard to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

A handy pocket-sized Sendmail.asp would probably do the trick. Not my forte though. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You can use CDO to do this, provided your web host uses at least IIS4 (which is likely).

This link will show you how.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Please accept an extra-strength Lemsip on me Mr Bannon. :D

• Advertisement

You too improv.

Advertisement