Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World cyber games

Options
  • 08-10-2004 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Not an Irish player in sight :(

Thought we would have had at least /one/ player good enough to compete on the world stage.

http://www.worldcybergames.com/tournament/tr_2004_players.asp

Does anyone know anyone good enough? Or think they're good enough themselves? It might be worth trying to get Intel to sponser an Irish team for next year.

It's normally held in South Korea. Techie geek heaven. It's San Francisco this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im sure we'd geta few players into the ut2k4 dm tourny. Not sure how far they'd/we'd get tho but i guess thats not really the point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Im sure we'd geta few players into the ut2k4 dm tourny. Not sure how far they'd/we'd get tho but i guess thats not really the point :p

Hehe. No, you're right. It's the free holiday and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of gaming :D

Once I dont have to play normal deathmatch in UT2K4 I think I'd be ok. You'd certainly be good enough at normal dm to represent our fair isle.

Congrats on the XBox win btw. Heard it came down to yourself and Tuxy at gamecon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Khannie wrote:
    Congrats on the XBox win btw. Heard it came down to yourself and Tuxy at gamecon.

dont know much about the skill level of pro ut2k4 players but bk was leagues ahead of anyone at gamecon, thought i had it in the bag after beating tuxy in the first couple o' rounds, but in the final it was pure annihilation from bk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Khannie wrote:
    Not an Irish player in sight :(

Thought we would have had at least /one/ player good enough to compete on the world stage.

Its not a case of anyone being good enough. Its a case of no company here willing to sponsor a team. Actually, its more like a case of no person/group being willing or able to go out and FIND sponsors for a team.

There is easily the CS, WC3 and UT players in this country to compete at WCG. They wont win it, but they are certainly better than the teams from some of the far flung countries that did manage to get a sponsor.

The same problem exists with sending teams to the ESWC, ENC and CPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Khannie wrote:
    It's the free holiday

these are not free holidays, SK's travel was paid by intel their main sponsor.

well it's free to the clan members but someone is actually paying for it allbeit a MNC

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

And the world cried out in a single voice,

"SAM LOIKE WTF WHY DONT U PLAY NEMORE?!111one"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

CuLT wrote:
    And the world cried out in a single voice,

"SAM LOIKE WTF WHY DONT U PLAY NEMORE?!111one"

aye

SAM is by far the most skilled Irish FPS player around, and probably one of the most skilled in the world imo. Give him any FPS, a month to praccy it and I bet he'd easily make it very far in this kind of competition...

too bad u can't make a living of it here yet like u can in South Korea, or Sam would prolly defo be a Pro player by now.

Btw Sam, if you're reading this? how you doing m8?

Advertisement