Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

damn travellers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Do gay/lesbian travellers exist?

They most certainly exist. Can't say how accepting their community would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

smccarrick wrote:
    Traders in the area report to be in terror of the "Princes" (whoever they are), and dispute the garda asertain that the area is not "reknowned for being lawless".

Well I can tell you now, all evening there are lines of riot police separating the travellers from the settled folk where I live.
    The barrier is getting milled with petrol bombs by travellers all evening.
    Our estate has been cordoned off and there is alot of bad feeling about it.

There must be about 100 gardai , counted about 15 vans and 8 squad cars, never seen so many in my life :)
    I find it sorta strange that there is not a single mention of this in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Why should the travellers conform to the settled community patterns?

Why should people who are law abiding paying for their homes have to put up with anti-social behaviour. Seriously if this was any other group the Gardai would have baton charged them, arrested them, fined them.

This way of life is now defunct and far from providing halting sites we should be giving these people a choice. If you want to benefit from society and get all the backup that the normal citizen gets then you will have to abide by societies rules and integrate fully with it.

Ireland has changed greatly in the last 20 years, all of us have had to adapt to these changes, these people have to as well, their "way of life" is defunct and has been for years. Can anyone point out what benefits to society do they offer? Very little and they seem to act without thought for the people who are picking up the tab for their anti-social behaviour, well enough is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

gurramok wrote:
    There must be about 100 gardai , counted about 15 vans and 8 squad cars, never seen so many in my life :)
    I find it sorta strange that there is not a single mention of this in the media.
    The reporters are too scared :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

does 100percent of the traveller children go to the same school, where is the next secondary school?

I know that on the street i am now living not all the kids go to the same school.
    Well I'm sure if they'd travel on they might be closer to the next school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

this ends before it gets out of hand

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement