Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Politics

Options
  • 08-10-2004 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there

Anyone know of a good book to teach basic irish politics? How laws are made, elections, etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Politics in the Republic of Ireland - John Coakley & Michael Gallagher

Not sure what edition they are on, but they used to update it to keep up with changes.

They have an excellent chapter on our voting system, and how PR-STV works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yeah, Coakley and Gallagher is the one to go with. It's excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dargan

thanks. Had a look at oasis already. Info is all there but a bit "bitty". Will check out that book. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

PH01 wrote:

Not the kind of place you will learn anythig in my experience.

As a good starting point go to the Trinity College Dublin, Politics Web Portal

By using the politics site you can find a considerable amount of websites related to politics and Irish politics in particular

• Advertisement

gom wrote:
    Not the kind of place you will learn anythig in my experience.

As a good starting point go to the Trinity College Dublin, Politics Web Portal

By using the politics site you can find a considerable amount of websites related to politics and Irish politics in particular

Or try UCD or UCC for the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

John Coakley is one of my lecturers, he`s a very clever man, id strongly recommend his book.

John Coakley is one of my lecturers, he`s a very clever man, id strongly recommend his book.

If a little monotous at times. Nice guy though.

Advertisement