Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

crazy drivers

Options
  • 08-10-2004 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

driving to work yesterday and was pulling up to the traffic lights when this crazy women just pulled out(she was on the other side of me) and nearly rammed into the side of me and to top it all off she blew me out of it :mad: i was going to pull in and give her something to beep at :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You should have murdered her. A bloke would never ever do that!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

in fairness tho, there are blokes out there who do the same thing. happened to me a few weeks ago too. some auld fella. feckin ejits should be off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Why did you have to give this thread a blatantly sexist title?

But fair enough, drivers who do that kind of **** and then beep you for it are seriously annoying. At one point I was very tempted to start following one person who had done it to me and beep at him the whole way. Personally I'd love to see car horns removed from cars, they seem to do more harm in the form of road rage than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ring the Garda station near the incident and ask them to issue a warning.
    I'm a cyclist with a notepad and pen at the ready and I frequently report people.

Last night in Castleknock a Garda was directing traffic at a T junction (at Myos in the village) because of the Traveller's protesting on Navan Road. He was waving one road through (from Castleknock College) and a woman, who was stopped on one of the other roads, just went. And she was on the phone!!
    I was on my bike in the opposite direction. I shouted to the Garda "AND she's on the phone". He couldn't do anything about it but I hope he got her reg plate. I wish I had.
    I guess she was paying attention to the lights and not the hard-to-miss guy in the bright yellow jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Here we go again. For the help of racists and their ilk, let us assume that anyone who wants to talk about this thinks that the possession of female sexual organs, dark skin or a language other than English is a genetic marker for an inability to pilot a machine along a strip of tar. Those with any kind of disability, or who live in halting sites, have mysteriously acquired this same genetic pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I have 2 friends (female) that just got provisionals and a car, i was affraid at times sitting in the car with them driving.
    Fair enough their only learner drivers and need to take lessons, which they didn't enough in my opinion.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take this thread to turn into a flame war

(stupid title btw its not like bad driveing is limited to the male or female population)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭robo

If it was named 1 woman driver...then it might not have created so much out cry!!
    Men never do anything like this...mmmm...let me think!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Quite frankly ALOT of Irelands road users are just lethal, both men AND women, some of the things I do see on the roads are just unbelievable and I see them on a regular basis not just one off moments of madness by drivers, they constantly do it.

I'll admit to making mistakes myself, its part of being human but I learn from them and dont make the same mistake twice, some of the overtaking I've seen is just plain suicide!

Also the majority of northern drivers that i see are just sickening to see the way they drive on our roads they have no regard for other road drivers, always overtaking on dangerous strecthes of roads and then cutting in front on other cars, it is a disgrace and I see it All the time!

in conclusion Irelands roads are just full of dangerous drivers both male, female, coloured, english, whatever and penatly points isnt stopping it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

draffodx wrote:
    in conclusion Irelands roads are just full of dangerous drivers both male, female, coloured, english, whatever and penatly points isnt stopping it.

Have to agree there..

The is a one way street near where I work and its a narrow enough street
    with parking on both sides so there is only room for one car going down the
    street.

The other day I see a guy in a Lexus driving the wrong way up the street at
    about 50mph on his mobile phone without a care in the world and he knew
    damn well it was a one way as he stopped at the top of the street and saw
    the sign, but just chose to ignore it.. :mad:

The last week on the same street, a girl gets into he flash little sports car,
    turns on the car, starts ringing someone on her mobile, reverses out of the
    parking space and begins to reverse back up the street, the wrong way up
    the street while still on her phone... Ive never seen such an act of stupidity
    in all my life.. :rolleyes:

What the f*ck are these people on eh??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I was in the over taking lane on the n11 a couple of months back and this Merc SL came behind me flashing etc. I had no where to go as it was rush hour traffic, then as we approached the first exit on the bray by-pass two cars directly to the left exited the road, and left a space for me to maneuver into, I mirror engage the indicator and maneuver...oh no this idiot see's this as a chance to overtake on the left hand side, me puts the foot down and lashes back into overtaking lane to avoid hitting him and block off his attempt to over take and take my front bumper with him (thank you Diesel) this old fart cannot believe the power my car has and starts doing the dukes of hazard edging closer and closer against my car...WTF!!! So i hit the breaks and let him pull out in front of me..off he goes then he hits the breaks in an attempt for me to rear end him and brings the whole N11 to a stand still with cars coming onto me at 70+ mph. he then takes off and I go to the local garda station and report this idiot.

Anyone ever experience this madness...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Anyone ever experience this madness...

Have seen it once or twice...(actually on the same stretch of the Bray bypass too)

Worst driving i've seen for the last little while was on the way to Dublin airport last week: This truck (60ft thingie) come flying off the M50 entrance ramp and pulls straight into the fast lane...except he suddenly sees there is a car there and swerves back into the outside but still his trailer took the wing mirror off the car. I honestly thought i was goin to see someone die in front of me....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

woosaysdan wrote:
    driving to work yesterday and was pulling up to the traffic lights when this crazy women just pulled out(she was on the other side of me) and nearly rammed into the side of me and to top it all off she blew me out of it :mad: i was going to pull in and give her something to beep at :mad:

Weird, My mates 106 GTi was totalled over the weekend by a woman who pulled out of her estate onto the main road without looking and t-boned him.
    Written off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

draffodx wrote:
    Also the majority of northern drivers that i see are just sickening to see the way they drive on our roads they have no regard for other road drivers, always overtaking on dangerous strecthes of roads and then cutting in front on other cars, it is a disgrace and I see it All the time!
    This is complete ****. What about the southern drivers that drive like maniacs north of the border? That happens you know, it's not restricted to the northies. And one very important point which I have made before, if you do see a northern driver down here you can be almost certain that he has passed a driving test or that if he hasn't he has someone with him that has. Can you say the same about southern drivers? I appreciate that having passed a driving test does not mean you are a perfect driver but. But at the same time I feel slightly safer knowing that someone has passed a
    test. I know several people in Dublin that have failed their driving test several times but can still drive unaccompanied, that is fcuking dangerous. Sort out the 10000 people given a driving license to cut the waiting lists, then sort out the people who seem to be incapable of passing a driving test once you have done that you can sort out the southerners that go north and drive like assholes. When you have done that I might listen to your fcuking stupid whining about a handfull of assholes that come down here from the North and drive like pricks.

Oh, and one other thing, at least drivers from the north know you atre supposed to stop at a red light. Do they not ask you that during the test? Ooops, sorry I forgot, you probably haven't sat one.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

sendsshiverz down the back..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

luckat wrote:
    Here we go again. For the help of racists and their ilk, .....

Oh no! It's the PC police! God forbid that we say anything without qualifying each and every ****ing statement with 'in my opinion' or 'I have observed that the vast majority of'. I don't mean to attack you personally. If you're not going to add anything to the thread, don't post. If you want to comment on the woosaysdan aparant sexism/racism, send him a private message.

Anyways.......back on topic. I drive 30 miles to and from work every day and I see terrible driving all the time. The worst thing is, it's usually the same people making the same mistakes every day. Like the man said, we need to focus on the three Es : Eduaction, Enforcement and Engineering. I'd put less emphasis on that last one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

MrPudding wrote:
    This is complete ****.

MrP

No, THAT is a load of boulderdash!

I have driven in the UK as well as here, and over there, they have no regard for the 70 or 80mph speed limit on some of their motorways - as does happen here. Difference is, they have 3 lanes, we have 2. They have a fast lane to suit the mentality of that kind of driving, we don't have a lane for it except for overtaking.

I clock a lot of miles here myself, and the **** I have seen the majority of UK reg vehicles perform is outrageous.

I reported an Audi TT which cut in behind me in Clonard on the way to Dublin. I didn't actually report it till we got before the Maynooth exit on the M4, and it was forcing cars in front of it to move out of the way (after he did same to me, but I wouldn't/couldn't move, so he passed me on the inside somehow) and we were all doing about 75/80 mph in both lanes. Rang Maynooth gardai, who put a word out. They rang me the next day and said there was little they could do with the reg I gave, and that 2 patrols didn't spot it. It was a male driver, with a blonde female passenger. and I would expect at best they exceeded 90mph easily.

And even driving cross-border, they drive like idiots alot of the time too! No regard for 30/40mph town limits at all. Most anyway.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Seanie M wrote:

I have driven in the UK as well as here, and over there, they have no regard for the 70 or 80mph speed limit on some of their motorways - as does happen here. Difference is, they have 3 lanes, we have 2. They have a fast lane to suit the mentality of that kind of driving, we don't have a lane for it except for overtaking.

I clock a lot of miles here myself, and the **** I have seen the majority of UK reg vehicles perform is outrageous.

And even driving cross-border, they drive like idiots alot of the time too! No regard for 30/40mph town limits at all. Most anyway.

Seanie.
    What? Do you have a "bad driving by southern reg cars(tm)" filter installed? Are you serious? I drove for over 10 years in the north, all of them with a full driving license I might add, and was never undertaken once. Not ever. Down here undertaking is the primary method of passing. I understand the reasons, it is frustrating when someone will not move over, but still that does not excuse it. Undertaking is looked on very poorly in the UK and if heavily punished, if northies do it here its for the same reason that southerner do it. I am not giving an excuse, I am merely pointing out that it might be a case of “when in Rome….” Perhaps if a few more southern drivers read the rules of the rod, took a lesson or, god forbid, did a driving test they might realise that maybe they should move into the slower lane to let traffic past. I have lost count of the number of time I have driven down the N11 in some kind of weird synchronised lane dance where the 2 driver at the front seem to think they get bonus points for driving level with each other.

And what about red lights. We stop for them in the north. In fact most people in the north stop at amber. See in the north a red light means stop, whereas here it means 3 more cars please.

Every country has its share of bad drivers. I have seen bad driving in the north. I go across the border a bit and I have seen northern driver driving like cûnts in the south. I wouldn’t say it was the majority though. I see plenty of northern drivers respecting the rules of the road down here. In that respect it is remarkably similar to southern drivers in the north. Most, in my experience drive normally. Some however drive like assholes. They also know they can’t be touched by the northern penalty points.

In short, you seem to be one of the many that think the only bad driving being done in the south is by northern invaders. I’m sure if I spoke to a few people in Newry I would find people that think the only bad driving in the north is being done by southerners. Well you would both be wrong. These “insurgents” do drive badly but in both cases they are a minority. To say anything else in pure ****.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Seanie M wrote:

I reported an Audi TT which cut in behind me in Clonard on the way to Dublin. I didn't actually report it till we got before the Maynooth exit on the M4, and it was forcing cars in front of it to move out of the way (after he did same to me, but I wouldn't/couldn't move, so he passed me on the inside somehow) and we were all doing about 75/80 mph in both lanes. Rang Maynooth gardai, who put a word out. They rang me the next day and said there was little they could do with the reg I gave, and that 2 patrols didn't spot it. It was a male driver, with a blonde female passenger. and I would expect at best they exceeded 90mph easily.

Seanie.

Seanie my friend I live on the border and the majority of northern drivers and Uk drivers flout the law, why because the can, I have personally pullws one outta a car in uniform, while I was in the army a few years ago and held him until the cops came.

They are dangerous idiots that should have there car's scrapped.

We have enough muppets here without adding to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To summerise, the are loads of deadly dangerous drivers from all parts of this island and they drive all types of car and they are of all creeds and colours and both sexes.

Okay kids I know you're full of beans and what-not but less **** pleeeeze! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement