Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Paul Scholes ill?

• 08-10-2004 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I spoke to a guy last night who was at the Boro game last weekend in OT. He said on Saturday night in the pubs in Manchester, there were rumours going around about Paul Scholes and that the reason he's been off his game and has retired from the international scene is that he's contracted some sort of serious illness. This true? Anyone else heard similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I heard this rumour just after the Liverpool match, something to do with his back I was told but I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Yes I have heard rumours about Pauls health but as they are unsubstantiated I am not prepared to discuss them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wasn't it meant to be Darren Fletcher? Aparantly his entire career was in doubt, but you know these rumours, could be a load of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

its all hear'say!!! id just put it down to out of form more than anyhting else

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

The rumors have been doing the rounds on Utd message boards (especially Redissue) for a few weeks now. Claiming it is to do with his Asthma.

I'd take them with a large pinch of salt, I just hope he returns for the B'ham cause that will put an end to them.

As super Furry said, it was angling toward Fletcher before, then he played against Fenerbache and that was that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

I heard it was emphesema. Again, as has already been said, it's only a rumour and hopefully a load of b0ll0cks. You wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Aparantly his entire career was in doubt, but you know these rumours, could be a load of rubbish

I heard the same rumour but didnt belive it. Lets all hope its not true !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

The Muppet wrote:
    Yes I have heard rumours about Pauls health but as they are unsubstantiated I am not prepared to discuss them here.

LOL, you never fail to make me laugh muppet.

LOL, you never fail to make me laugh muppet.

And here was me thinking "I really ****ing Bug you." :p

What I have heard about Scholes is a lot more serious than the speculation here. His private life is his own business and I.m not divulging details of it here After all what I heard may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

The Muppet wrote:
    ...His private life is his own business and I.m not divulging details of it here After all what I heard may not be true....

So your saying you've never discussed the rumours of footballers' private lives, even Mr Beckham????

• Advertisement

So your saying you've never discussed the rumours of footballers' private lives, even Mr Beckham????

To a degree yes that is what I am saying. If the story has been published elsewhere I may comment but I tend to steer clear of unsubstantiated stories involving players private lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Well... if you post it here, i swear i wont tell anyone else :D

Im sure quite a few articles in various tabloids have been inspired by lazy reporters reading message boards and labelling their findings "Exclusive!". So if you post your rumour here, it could very well become published and then you would have been justified in posting it in the first place! Circular logic - great!

Boro wrote:
    Well... if you post it here, i swear i wont tell anyone else :D

Im sure quite a few articles in various tabloids have been inspired by lazy reporters reading message boards and labelling their findings "Exclusive!". So if you post your rumour here, it could very well become published and then you would have been justified in posting it in the first place! Circular logic - great!

If you put it like that , now if only you hadn't posted that joke about United signing peter bonneti. ;)

Advertisement