Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spider

• 08-10-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

a spider just wandered onto my desk. ive had him running up my arms for a while now, and was wondering if anyone knows anything else i could do with him, to take away the boredon of work??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Nice things or bad things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

well, when i finish my day, he will meet his maker, but nice things till then. or ideas on how to kill him off later would be handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

never a dull moment there!!! get a glass of water and teach him how to swim!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RedneckAgenda

I found a big f*cker in my shed last night. He must have been the size of a 20c peice. Scared the sh!t out of me so i nailed the b@stard with a spade.

Small one's are cute though. :D

Well iv just watched aliens 3 so im going for Spider meets office fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

a spider just wandered onto my desk. ive had him running up my arms for a while now, and was wondering if anyone knows anything else i could do with him, to take away the boredon of work??

:eek:

How about killing it?? On the hand dont do that cos it'l be raining 2moro. Just a superstition. It better be small!!

Whatever u do dont bring him up to my flat!! I dont want another 8 legged visitor in my flat! Theyre living on my clothes line, on the kitchen window and theyres another big fukker outside my bedroom window. I dont want to touch it and i'm afraid to even open the window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

weel you can make a cage out of glue and paperclips and see hoe long it takes him to make a nice little house then smash it up on him.... see him.... pull his legs off then glue him back together add things to him i wrk at a desk too can keep the ideas going all day..... pm me if u want more(private message)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RedneckAgenda

What is with all these mad big spiders everywhere suddenly ???

I've cought some big guys outside my house recently. One had a 2cm torso !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Put him in a plastic coffee cup, put the lid on and watch him use it as a hamster wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Post a thread on the internet about it

• Advertisement

i have him under a can of coke while im taking calls but between calls me and 'john-anthony spider' are getting more aquanted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Why not put the spider in a little parcel and post it to your mother and see if it survives the journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

OR.. how about you train it to be your little sidekick! You could get it to spin a web over and unsuspecting female worker (fear of spiders necessary), and then to drop down and hover right in her face, and then shimmy back up its web while she screams the place down. Then when it has babies, they can be your own little army!!! The possibilities are endless!!

drshortass wrote:
    weel you can make a cage out of glue and paperclips and see hoe long it takes him to make a nice little house then smash it up on him.... see him.... pull his legs off then glue him back together add things to him i wrk at a desk too can keep the ideas going all day..... pm me if u want more(private message)

The poor lil guy is defo in for it! :D

Oh by the way Woosaysdan, i thought spiders could stand on water!!

take a look at the soul of a guys shoe size 10- 10 1/2 and the ball of the foot part(the toe end) well ye couple of weeks ago i suahed on that fitted in that space!!! body was huge legs were long i heard him before i saw him he ran across the wooden floor and i heard it ew ew ew i hate spiders
    but if spiderman kept his suit on i'd do him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

not if you keep pouring water in on top of the little feckers or also smak you could keep him as your pet!!!

You do understand spiderman isnt a spider but a man with spider powers! :)

Anyway ! why not set it on fire and use it like fire ships back in the day of sail powered ships of the line

(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Kittykat

Must be a plague of them...they are hiding in the pegs on my line.....there's a big mother hucker outside my back door.....I mean big! Legs like bloody pipe cleaners....mmmmmmmm! :eek:

Could it be the eggcarton & pipecleaner spider I made all those years ago after watching Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, they are everywhere! I pity anyone who has real phobia about them!

S

i have him under a can of coke while im taking calls but between calls me and 'john-anthony spider' are getting more aquanted. :)

Instead of John-Anthony try Mark-Anthony: Britneys hubby! :D:p
    How about trying to find another spider, introduce them to oneanother and see what happens!

OR.. how about you train it to be your little sidekick! You could get it to spin a web over and unsuspecting female worker (fear of spiders necessary), and then to drop down and hover right in her face, and then shimmy back up its web while she screams the place down. Then when it has babies, they can be your own little army!!! The possibilities are endless!!
    y female ive made more guys sream where i work wit tricks invoving snakes spiders and sweets muh hu hu hu ah hem :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

lol. fair enough.. I was going for the stereotype here ;)

(and I'm female btw... and I hate spiders.. don't like killing them though)

sanncoo wrote:
    Kittykat

Must be a plague of them...they are hiding in the pegs on my line.....there's a big mother hucker outside my back door.....I mean big! Legs like bloody pipe cleaners....mmmmmmmm! :eek:

Could it be the eggcarton & pipecleaner spider I made all those years ago after watching Bosco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, they are everywhere! I pity anyone who has real phobia about them!

S

LOL :D At least i'm not the only one with the same problem! :D

ok then doin nasty things (trick wise) is fun to do to girls too but i don't know what it is but theres something joy ful in the sound of a full man screaming when a spider is sat ever so delicatly on the edge of his paper cup

ah the memories

John-Anthony Spider:
    spider.jpg
    his current abode, under this coke can:
    spider_home.jpg

he's a bit bigger then i thought

are you the blonde one

drshortass wrote:
    he's a bit bigger then i thought
    hes also alot closer to the camera than the mouse is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

John Antony has long legs.....eeek!

It must be his cousin sitting outside my back door....his country hick of a cousin!

:eek:

John-Anthony Spider:
    spider.jpg

AAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh

Its huge!! Get rid of it! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Find a fly , wing it enough to stop ot flying , find a plate place both on it let nature take its course and have to somfin to watch for the rest of the day.

I never kil spiders they too cool (unlike cats/dogs who do **** all spiders kill for their food) so i leave them alive and feed them any flies from the fly electrocutor thingy. Althought maybe if they moved into the bottom would be handier.

kdjac

but wat 'bout the fly's

drshortass wrote:
    are you the blonde one
    the blonde one where?

in the pic???
    (me@work)blonde guy brown guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

im gonna come over and kill it now :D

what time you on lunch? we can drop him into the canteen food :D

blonde. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

What is with all these mad big spiders everywhere suddenly ???

I've cought some big guys outside my house recently. One had a 2cm torso !!!
    AFAIK, it's the time of year - they all (or at least the males) come out to look for a mate, thats why you see them a lot more than usual.

I think I'm going to pass out from thinking about them, I hate the feckers.

I recenty caught a big one in my bog - he was weird - fat body, thick legs and a white stripe down his back. I've never seen one like it before! It was pretty greusome standing on him! :eek:

BM.

ok ye i think their not safe the 1's wit spripes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

How? I mean if he kept his suit on how would you do him? I'm curious.

*EDIT* Just realised how long I had this topic sitting open. It was a response to the "i'd do spiderman" reply *EDIT*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

can i vote NOT to kill him? its a curious thing i have.. i hate spiders but i try not to kill them...

Firstly he might be able to get an sos out to his mates before he dies.

Secondly it might just turn out that in the future spiders take over the world. If u let that one live he might put in a good word about u and yur family and so yur progeny will be spared being eaten alive when the revolution happens...

That or hes the ring leader of this revolution you talk of ....I demand you kill the spider now just to be sure

• Advertisement

im going to start picking off his legs. one on the hour every hour. im going to do a whole side, then the other side. might be funny watching him run around in circles for a while!!

Well its definetly gonna be raining 2moro! At least it gives those lil bastards on my clothes line a nice shower but i'll never get my clothes dry!! :(

KittyKat wrote:
    Well its definetly gonna be raining 2moro! At least it gives those lil bastards on my clothes line a nice shower but i'll never get my clothes dry!! :(
    wet t-shirts all the way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

im going to start picking off his legs. one on the hour every hour. im going to do a whole side, then the other side. might be funny watching him run around in circles for a while!!

ah no jesus.... here i am a 23 yr old bloke and im pleading for the spiders life and mobility.... whats my life become...

I have a thing against needlessly killing something.... altho my morals have plenty of grey areas i cant stand it when someone sees a spider and just kills it for being there. It will take a minute out of yur day to take the spider and put him out of harms way

i will take your view into due consideration. maybe i will release him back to his friends in the wild.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

KittyKat wrote:
    Instead of John-Anthony try Mark-Anthony: Britneys hubby! :D:p
    How about trying to find another spider, introduce them to oneanother and see what happens!

well, Marc Anthony is J-Lo's hubby tbh
    and SMAK, u leave that poor spider alone...do him a favor and release him outside....as much as I hate spiders and how they scare teh crap out of me I am feeling pretty sorry for the little guy now :p
    Though if it were me I would have smashed him by now just because of my unrational fear of a crawly things that are a hundred times smaller than I am ;)

do it do it let him down the ass crack of sum1 bending ovr

oh by the by i'd cut a hole in his spidy suit if it didnt have a pee hole and thats how i'd do him

hes moved just down the desk, from his old house, under the coke can. now hes living in the plastic thing my sandwich came in. i gave him a thumbtack to keep him occupied. hes having the time of his life in there tbh!!

close up, sorry bout the quality, got a ****e phone...
    spider_newhome.jpg
    and a close up of the thumbtack too...
    spider_newhome2.jpg

so, any more ideas for what to so with him before i release him??

wat do u wrk at? i'm in personnel so u can c y i'm doin nothin plus i'm a temp.... but wats ur reason??

• Advertisement
Advertisement