Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Character clash? *warning! Might be incoherent and post is rather long*

• 01-01-2001 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hmm, I was checking out Charlies Angels the other day and I've kind of thought a little bit on the character clash thingie.

Liu who stars in the movie is pretty bleak IMHO, but moreover I saw her as Ling from Ally McBeal. And relizing that I also thought of Joey from "Friends" (who's also co-starring in the movie) and of his role in "Lost In Space". In LIS was just waiting for his sly grin and the "How _You_ doin´?" line.

I can't quite remember other specific cases when the movie characters somehow seems unlikely based on the fact that they're well established as a different one elsewhere.
    My thought on this is it has to do with how good an actor the person is.

The good ol´ Jean-Luc Picard from STV-series has done several very believable characters outside the series, one being the proffesor in X-men.

Back to Charlies Angels this notion of Liu being Ling instead of a kickass private investigator to a little bit of the joy out of the movie. Although Cameron Diaz is always a feast for the eye! smile.gif

Happy New Years to y'all!

[This message has been edited by airk (edited 01-01-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

em ^ jeas if u watch a film the less u think the better it is !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

well that definetly applies to charlies angels anyway.but its always a problem,always has been.Actors get stuck in one kind of role,Stallone in tough guy who cant speak role etc, then when they try to break free they crash and burn big time,i/e stallone in "Oscar",a "comedy".
    i spose the ideal answer wud be that if they have genuine talent then they wont get pidgeonholed into one specific type of role,and u wont keep seeing them as "the guy/girl who did that thing in another film/show",but im not sure if thats true.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

Advertisement