Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCL DVD ?? - remote code

Options
  • 08-10-2004 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I was give a new PCL Branded DVD player - only a real cheapy, but great for the kids bedroom.

Only prob is, it hasn't got the remote with it, which is a bit of a pain. Anyone know if you can get a replacement or what code PCL use ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Even the http://www.oneforall.co.uk site has no codes for PCL. It is most likely a rebrand of another better known brand. Try googling the model number or any product code on the underside of the unit. If you can find the original manufacturer then getting a universal remote programmed with the correct codes is easy. Otherwise they usually have a function to scan all the codes until your player responds, may require patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks - suspected as much.

I think I'll have to whip the case off & check inside - there's not even a model number of the outside fo the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Do you know anyone with a Pocket PC with the Omniremote software installed (most iPaq's come with it) his may help you determine the remote codes.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Caromcl

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and found a solution, i.e. what is PCL DVD player a rebrand for. If you bought a universal remote did you get it to work with your DVD player?
    Thanks,
    Caro

Advertisement