Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning!!!

• 08-10-2004 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

A question and a warning rolled into one.

3 weeks ago I set out on what has turned into an unsuccessful journey to change DSL provider from UTV to Esat - I now have NO provider.

I just got off the phone with comreg and they told me that my cancellation request went through successfully last week and that I should have no problem going to any other provider.

I then re-informed comreg that I already knew that the cancellation had gone through but that did not change the fact that my line test is now failing for some reason{??} and that I CANNOT go with ANY other provider while this is the situation.

Up until this point I have been trying to remain patient and understanding but the response I got has made me VERY very angry.

Basically, it was explained to me that, the line quality could have been deteriorating since the successfull test last June and that even though I had a working BB connection before, I probably could not get one now.
    Take from that what you like, it does not make much sense to me, 3 weeks ago I was happy with my DSL connection apart from the ping times on UTV.
    My line passed with no issues last June.
    The cancellation request went through on the 29/9.

Can anyone explain how since the 29/9 my line is now not suitable for DSL.
    Surely if it is not suitable now, then it was not suitable 3 weeks ago when I HAD BB.

Anyway, it's beginning to look like I will not be able to get BB again, so if you are thinking of changing providers you better consider this as a possible outcome to your efforts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

According to the online tests, my line now fails.

This is kind of dis-proved by the fact that I have broadband for the last 5 months without a hint of a problem. The test passed when I was getting installed in June (obviously).

- I tried a few more numbers where DSL is up & running. They all fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 thanatos

The reason why those tests are failing is BECAUSE DSL is already active on them.
    At least that is what was explained to me early on in the process of my cancellation.

My line is now DSL free and still failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

If you post this to the IoffL forum with "Bitstream Port Transfer" in the Thread Title I suspect you will find that others are in the same boat. It appears that there are a number of live "Bitstream Port Transfer" issues with Comreg at present. Comreg being Comreg they will deny there is any problem unless you use the correct phraseology. Search this forum for Jonski and his experiences doing the same thing earlier this year.

HTH

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Indeed. All retail operators have the option at wholesale level to transfer you from your current ISP to them but you mustn't put in any cancel requests, once you do it means you'll have to re-order from scratch and go through all the line tests again.

Advertisement