Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promptergate/ Bush All Hooked Up

Options
  • 08-10-2004 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Latest to come from the US. Promptergate.

People reckon that Bush was wired during the debate.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/ (select the day pass and sit through a blank page if you have adblock on)

Some of the links off that are intresting too. Certainly enough to go look at the debate again. Apprantly at one point he calls out to a "Tim" and another when he said "Let me finish" he was still at a green light, which would suggest someone was interrupting him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's plainly Cheney's hand in that picture. Wires haven't been popular since people noticed them on the Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Ahh Hobbes thats just another liberial pinko slag of the Great GWB, he was not wired, everybody knows thats where his battery pack goes :)

Seriously, it looks like it alright doesnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Hobbes wrote:
    Apprantly at one point he calls out to a "Tim"

LOL. Maybe he's haunted by memories of a lost love. That would put anyone off their stride.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

At the moment nothing more than a theory, it seems that Bush may, I repeat may have been wearing a wire during the 1st debate.

According to Salon.com (you can sign up for a day pass if you want) A picture of the president from behind during the debate shows a noticable bulge going up his back. One of the conditions of the Bush party was that no shots were to be taken from behind (why, I mean is there a legitimate reason?).
    electoral vote have taken an image from the video, and have sworn not to edit it other than a crop/resize.. here it is here:
    http://www.electoral-vote2.com/images/bulge.jpg

Interesting stuff, it doesnt look like a piece of clothing, but then again it could be.

Would this explain Bush's constant stalls and silences? Perhaps :D

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think it's an alien creature that's controlling him.

Maybe it's some kind of back support thing or something? Don't think it would be a wire, if it's a live debate then presumably the people wording the speech to him could see the thing on TV and have no need to "listen in on a wire". And for getting the words to him, it would be far more practical/less noticeable for him to have a tiny wireless device in his ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Who could possibly be responsible for feeding him lines like this about a war widow

"You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "

The writers of The Onion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Clearly the man is wearing a bra. I fail to see the problem...

...More seriously though - I think we may be overanalysing the situation somewhat. As many have already stated - why would he wear a wire? No reason. His advisors could easily listen in the background or on TV...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Redleslie2 wrote:
    Who could possibly be responsible for feeding him lines like this about a war widow

"You know, it's hard work to try to love her as best as I can, knowing full well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "

The writers of The Onion?

My theory is that the American people feel more secure if they're more intelligent than their leader. Makes them feel like nothing can be going on behind the scenes that they won't cop on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Stark wrote:
    My theory is that the American people feel more secure if they're more intelligent than their leader. Makes them feel like nothing can be going on behind the scenes that they won't cop on to.
    Cockroaches have been given the vote in the US? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement