Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He was my favorite martian. :(

• 03-01-2001 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Actor Ray Walston dead at age 86

January 2, 2001
    Web posted at: 1:53 PM EST (1853 GMT)

Beverly Hills, California (CNN) -- Award-winning character actor Ray Walston, who donned antennas to become Uncle Martin on the 1960s TV sitcom "My Favorite Martian," died Monday. He was 86.

Walston, whose character gave space aliens a benign face in the 1963-66 series, died of natural causes at his Beverly Hills home with his wife at his wife, said his agent.

Walston was known for stage and film work as well as his appearances on the small screen.

He won a Tony in 1956 for his performance as the devil in the Broadway show "Damn Yankees." Memorable film roles included his portrayal as an unfaithful insurance executive in "The Apartment" (1960), and his only starring role in "Kiss Me, Stupid" (1964), with Dean Martin and Kim Novak. He also appeared as a teacher in 1982's "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

Walston won two Emmys, in 1995 and 1996, for his recurring role on the TV show "Picket Fences." His last appeared on TV in 1999 on an episode of CBS' "Touched By An Angel."
    </font>

Advertisement