Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks fantabadoozie EL action

• 08-10-2004 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom League Premier Division
    Shamrock Rovers - Derry City Away win
    Bohemians - St Patrick's Athletic Home win
    Drogheda United - Shelbourne Draw

Some interesting games , altho we safe i would like to win vs bohs sometimes losing is for the greater good (just not by too much)

For the run in a Drogs win would be sweet , keep it nice and tight till next week anyway.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

one nill to the shelbourne :D

5-2 final score to Shels :D great result, glad to see shels back on track. they really opened them up in the second half. It could have been more. The only ones can stop them now is Bohs.

5-2 to the Shelbourne....5-2 to the Shelbourne la la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We were deadly basically ended Bohs challenge , stupid drogs if wasnt for that bar i would hate them ...

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Good come back for Pats last night, but there is no question who the best team in the EL is...

Roll on next year's Champions League.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill make an outrageous statement here - Shels will not progress past the 1st preliminary next time round.

Good result for SPA last night. Never thought Id be happy to see them get a last minute equaliser, but both last nights results sets City up nicely for 2nd place. We are 4 points off 2nd with 2 games in hand, and have to play both rivals for that spot at home yet.

Shels looked different class last night. Pity they have no fans.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Ill make an outrageous statement here - Shels will not progress past the 1st preliminary next time round.

Outrageous it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

gimmick wrote:

Not outrageous at all .... and I wouldn't bet against your prediction. It really depends on who they get in the 2nd round next season. On the one hand the EL has laid a marker that we can at least consistently get past preliminary round 1 but we haven't proven we can beat a league that has the same preparitory advantage as us i.e. an early start to the season.

Bohs were trounced last season against Rosenborg in round 2 but I could have seen the same thing happening to this current Shels side had they come up against a good (or even average) Scandanavian side .... rather than Hadjuk Split.

I think shels will get to the second round but as already said it really depends on who Shels face. Split were a side in trouble and I dont think Shels have made a lot of progress in terms of beating good second round sides.

Jus debate here, but Cork City came up against a Malmo team this season, who at the time were flying high in their domestic league (at the mo, they are top, and on the verge of winning it).

City beat them 4-1 over 2 legs. Some say - "oh it was only the inter toto, they didnt want to progress". If thats the case, why did they bring back in all their big guns for the 2nd leg, and lose that game 0-1.

The eL is going in the right direction. But I just reckon that Shels will be over confident next season, and that will be their undoing. They have nothing to be over confident about.

They scraped past a poor Reyjavik on away goals.
    They had a good win at home to Hadjuk. They did well against a Depor team who were too over confident, and similar against Lille.

What Shels will have to remember is that no one will take them easily anymore, and that will cost them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Great result for Pats. Doyle is on fire.
    gimmick wrote:
    They'll be seeded this time around so I can't see them failing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Umm we had our little moment in CL drawing away to celtic , and well we got a tad bit over confident the next season and well you all know what happened then :(

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think the league is nearly sewn up for Shels now, it will take a cock up of Kevin Keegan Newcastle proportions fot them not to win it now.

If they take four points off Bohs next week, then I'd be happy.

Re the CL next year. I think Shels will progress past the first Qualifying Stage, as they are seeded, then it will be down to luck in the second stage.

seansouth wrote:
    If they take four points off Bohs next week, then I'd be happy.

So would I, but I don't think the league would be too happy... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think they should cruise past the 1st prelimanary round , but after that its down to having a lucky run , if they are going to repeat what they did this year .

Don't foget that they did only win 2 out of the four ties , and drew with Reykijvaik twice while losing to Split away .

But if I was to put money on where they will get next year , I think they will reach the chapions League 3rd round of qualifying and lose , and then lose the first Uefa Cup game again .

They only won 1 game in their time this season, against Hadjuk.

Their total was 1 win, 4 draws, and 3 losses

Is the guy Sara still with them? If so, has he even got his game? I thought there were high hopes for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

He was injured. Played for u21's other day, scored too.

Advertisement