Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painkiller: Battle out of Hell

Options
  • 08-10-2004 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

See there is an expasion pack/sequel to one of my favourite games this year Painkiller. here are some screenshots.

Looks yummie... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Demo out next friday or this friday :/

using new pain engine should look good anyway.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

KdjaC wrote:
    Demo out next friday or this friday :/

using new pain engine should look good anyway.

kdjac

Excellent!!!! :D Absolutely love this game! If ID had made it and called it DOOM3 it would have got rave reviews..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

guys, i got first one, whats the story its so hanky panky, its like im moving on springs ? first level is a load of ****ness, does it get better, screens look great but i was going in circles in level 1.

new screens look great.

Placebo wrote:
    guys, i got first one, whats the story its so hanky panky, its like im moving on springs ? first level is a load of ****ness, does it get better, screens look great but i was going in circles in level 1.

new screens look great.

Yeah the first couple of levels are a bit weak alright but as you go on the levels get more fun and more beautiful. Just have to get to the tempo of the game and what it expects from you......remember it is a game full of mindless/no ai baddies who spawn non stop.

The last level has to be seen to be believed...i reckon it is art in it's own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

RuggieBear wrote:

The last level has to be seen to be believed...i reckon it is art in it's own right.

Man you took the words out of my mouth! The last level is probably one of the most amazing pieces of level design i have ever seen. Its worth the price of the game alone! Cant wait for this expansion, i absolutely loved painkiller :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480045/

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

New Painkiller Demo [October 12, 2004, 1:53 pm EDT] - 6 Comments
    The promised third single-player demo for Painkiller is now available, offering a sample of People Can Fly's first-person shooter, updated through the latest version of the game engine. The updated demo is a 181 MB download, available on 3D Gamers, Boomtown (registration required), FileFront, Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Worthplaying. Here's the deal: "The demo features the latest version of the PAIN Engine and with it, the latest enhancements from the 1.35 update. In the popular 'Military Base' level, players will enjoy effects such as heat and haze distortion, light blooms, per pixel specular mapping, new shader effects and tweaks for the latest video cards. All in all, a mere taste of what the PAIN Engine will offer in the expansion pack, Painkiller: Battle out of Hell."

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480045/
    New Painkiller Demo [October 12, 2004, 1:53 pm EDT] - " .....

kdjac

Excellent!!!!! Thanks for that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

sweeet
    /me goes to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

they better fix the ****ing netcode...

If its not fixed in BooH, then I wont get it...

Advertisement