Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless card available for a Casio Cassiopeia EM-500?

Options
  • 08-10-2004 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hey
    I have been given a loan of a Casio Cassiopeia EM-500. I have searched high and low to find out if it would be possible to get a wirelass expansion card for it. It has a bay for an MMC card (I think). And if it were possible, is there any software that would let me use it to access my playlists on my server and play them on a media box connected to the TV? If I can get a wireless card would it be at all possible to have a storage card to boost the meagre 16 megs of ram available at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - sorry no wireless expansion available for that device - a memory card is the only type of card you an fit into that device - even then the OS it is running and processor it uses aren't supported by modern wireless cards (it's around 4 years since it was first introduced)...

the only wireless / memory cards available are CF and SD cards - with the SD cards requiring a device that has an SDIO slot (and even then a particular device may not work with a specific card - it is very important to check with the card manufacturer for compatibility)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I had one of these for a long time till the battery died. I recently was given another one for free. I also sourced a 64mb card for it. I use it for reading ebooks on the train, taking odd notes and showing digital photos. But ultimately theres no expansion options and you can't upgrade the OS. Even apps are thin on the ground for it these day. Pity because it has a decent screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Ah well, such is life.
    I must admit I know feck all about pda's. But how much would I be looking at paying for a (new or second hand) pda that would be capable of taking a wireless card, I wouldnt want to play divx on it just really use it for mp3's , ebooks, and as a remote for a media box to take files of of a server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

150/200 to what 600/800?

Advertisement