Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor? is it down again

Options
  • 08-10-2004 9:35pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i'm in killiney, and the entire house has lost network coverage....

it's not just my phone, my da's is down also......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

mine's gone too.... BAh!
    first time this has happened (to me, personally) since the week they launched....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Dublin 15 down here aswell :mad:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah so it wasnt just us....

bastards, i bet it's down all weekend aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

let me guess, they dont give free credit anymore for that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gone in Dundalk too it seems :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

down like a clown, charlie brown

//dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Meteor is working ok here//////////Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Just gone down up in Cavan too in the past half hour, started getting "no access" up on my phone and a strange symbol in the top! Now i'm getting "inactive sim card" , do a network search and can't find anything.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Just looked at my phone - it is indeed down! No signal, no 'Meteor', no nothing! Oh no!

Dublin 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

And as soon as I post it - it returns! However, I still cannot text, make phonecalls or check credit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

now that they have gone nationwide with their coverage.Do they provide a good service?Or is it the only good thing about them is that they are cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

now that they have gone nationwide with their coverage.Do they provide a good service?Or is it the only good thing about them is that they are cheap?

No problems for me in Cork anyway.

I don't mind it going down every now and then, because the prices are so good.

I seem to get coverage everywhere (even in the Boole Basement in UCC :eek: ).

I hardly ever use my phone anyway, so they're the best network for me.

They only bad thing I can say about them is their crazy roaming rules. I've switched to an O2 sim the last few times I was abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Dublin 5 here
    nothing for over an hour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bond-007 wrote:
    Meteor is working ok here//////////Waterford
    Update Meteor is now roaming in waterford!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

same sort of thing happend here with o2 a few weeks ago.But i got them to put it right.And you would'nt expect something like that to happen with o2 it did though.

Working fine here in Arklow-all evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

down here (DCU) all evening.

Meteor's been dead here in Listowel since just before 9:00pm. Doesn't seem to be working in Shannon, Co. Clare either as a I used an O2 phone to text a friend there who's on Meteor and I never got a delivery report.

I'm starting to lose my patience with them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Was in Carlow all day with three other people using meteor phones-all fine.Got home this evening and the other three peoples meteor phones are down and their just a town away in Laois-sent them texts and no reports and rang them to just got the number innactive beep.Very annoying.

The signal was restored from 1:08am - 1:12am but only on O2. There was no GPRS either. I switched over hoping for cheaper calls but I never expected a network crash. I haven't been able to receive calls for the last two days either, the caller just gets a network busy error.

I'm highly considering going back to O2. :mad:

• Advertisement

Got coverage at 1:22am last night then lost it again just before 9am this morning and its gone since, I was talking to a few people today and i've not received a call since last monday, all they get is a beep when they try to ring me.

I thought no one loved me anymore!

Gonna have strong words with their customer care, although i'm still willing to put up with a *dodgy service because their not riding me up the arse on the payment side of things.

Farlz

* Don't take it this loosely tho!!!

Ok its now nearly 9pm and i haven't had coverage all day, is meteor down countrywide? anyone what is going on?

Farlz

I got my coverage back at around 2am, did you try doing a network search or turning your phone off and back on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I've had signal since seven o clock this morning.That was incredibly annoying though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ive had poor coverage at times today, but its been back up for me since this morning. Reset your phone like someone suggested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've had patchy coverage since I switched to them about 3 months ago. I haven't really found them any cheaper either. Probably because I make most of my calls at peak. I think I'll be switching back to Vodafone eventually. The outage the other night was a real pain.

Done a few resets on the phone still had no coverage until around 2am last night, was annoying alright...

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

im still out of coverage since about half 11 yesterday, livin near killiney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I get bad coverage even in Dublin city center. Dunno what the problem is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Terrible in Blackrock atm.

Advertisement