Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom Etiquette

• 08-10-2004 9:41pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I had to write up this sign and post it in the womens bathroom today because people are so disgusting!

THIS SIGN IS BEING POSTED AS A REMINDER THAT WE ALL HAVE TO BE COURTEOUS OF OTHERS WHO USE THIS RESTROOM.

PLEASE FLUSH THE TOILET WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED. IF IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TRY THEN PLEASE DO THAT SO THE NEXT PERSON DOESN’T HAVE TO GO IN AFTER YOU AND FLUSH IT FOR YOU.

IF YOU MAKE A MESS OR URINATE ON THE TOILET SEAT PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF SO THE NEXT PERSON DOESN’T HAVE TO DO IT FOR YOU.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK THESE SIMPLE THINGS BUT SOME PEOPLE NEED TO BE REMINDED. THERE ARE 4 FLOORS OF PEOPLE WHO USE THIS RESTROOM, LET’S TRY AND KEEP THAT IN MIND.

THANK YOU

I wanted to say something crude and rude but my boss owns the bldg and I didnt want it to come back to haunt me.
    Some women are so gross, leaving a toilet unflushed, or pee on the seat and i mean all over the seat! ick! :eek:

what is the the most disgusting thing you have seen in a bathroom that someone else did?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

BEAT wrote:
    what is the the most disgusting thing you have seen in a bathroom that someone else did?

I dunno if that's a topic people should be getting in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Worst would prob be from one person. He claims to have blocked many a toilet with big 'chocolate logs', Dont Ban Me I'm looking at you.

I really don't know how the guy is able to walk some days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

BEAT wrote:
    Some women are so gross, leaving a toilet unflushed, or pee on the seat and i mean all over the seat! ick! :eek:

Thats how some of them mark their territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hobbes wrote:
    Thats how some of them mark their territory.

Is there any way you can tell this before chatting them up? I'd hate to "belong" to a girlfriend like that...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Sarky wrote:
    Is there any way you can tell this before chatting them up? I'd hate to "belong" to a girlfriend like that...

you just cant tell by looking at them, for example..I went into the stall after this girl came out, tall thin blonde, neat looking pretty...and the seat had piss all over it...and she didnt flush.
    Totally gross...I suppose you could invite a girl to your house for drinks, get her full up and wait for her to go to the bathroom and then go in to wash your hands and check it out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Sarky wrote:
    Ask them "So baby, how do you mark your territory?" ;)

I have decided the best solution is to shun any and all female contact, and live alone in the woods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Okay, well....

When I lived in Cork, I went out one night with a couple of lassies. We were in a nightclub, it was hot, sweaty and packed. I went into the loo to use the facilities. First cubicle - piss all over the seat. Second one - a blocked toilet with a used tampon floating in it. Third one - vomit all over the seat and floor.

Womens toilets are much much worse than mens IMO. When I was in Cork, I worked in a fast food place, and the womens toilets were just disgusting. I remember one instance where some stupid bitch had flushed a pair of dirty knickers down the pan and they had blocked it up, causing the toilet to overflow.

Mens bathrooms are grand - the urinals are always grand and tidy, the cubicles are manageable, and there aren't nasty knickers, balls of tissue and other assorted horrors all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Ridiculous. Mens toilets are a huge standard below womens - especially in restaurants and hotels, where they seem to be built to an entirely different standard (women have chairs to wait on cubicles etc... what the hell).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

BEAT wrote:
    IF IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TRY THEN PLEASE DO THAT SO THE NEXT PERSON DOESN’T HAVE TO GO IN AFTER YOU AND FLUSH IT FOR YOU.

should that paragraph be :

IF IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TRY PLEASE BREAK ITS BACK WITH A LOO BRUSH AND TRY AGAIN.

alternatively :

IF IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TRY PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE FOR THE OFFICE HALL OF FAME

thus allowing comparisons like "god she can s**t for a small lass."

just a thought like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BEAT wrote:
    you just cant tell by looking at them, for example..I went into the stall after this girl came out, tall thin blonde, neat looking pretty...and the seat had piss all over it

But I thought youse sat down when pissing? :confused:

/me gets horn picturing women balancing on edge of jax to piss all over seat...

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

nah, women squat when peeing. Can't blame them when I read that

/me gets horn picturing women balancing on edge of jax to piss all over seat...

:o

Deviant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I remember something hilarious from when I was in primary school. I went into the toilets and saw something very strang eon the ground. There was a single piece of toilet paper with a single turd neatly placed on top of it ni the middle of the floor. What I found funny was how neat everything was. The poo was directly in the middle of the toilet paper and the paper was directly in the middle of the room...some people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sarky wrote:
    Deviant.

;)

Yeah, but not proud of it...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

Once in a restaurant, i went in to wash my hands. I hear a flush from one of the stalls, and out walk a very nicely dressed ,attractive woman talking on her mobile. Doesnt even pretend to think about washing her hands. When i went back to my table, she was right behind me. I couldnt help thinking all through my dinner that shes touching the same menus and doorhandles etc, that I do. Nasty wench. Put me off my dinner a bit. Also made me think twice about ever borrowing anyones mobile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Years ago, I worked in a huge bar/restaurant/function rooms/nighclub complex. One night, we had to put one wedding party in a half closed off bar area with only one of each ladies and gents toilets. At the end of the night, after spending 5 hours on the floor of the nightclub and then cleaning some nightclub toilets, I was told to clean up after the wedding party.

I opened the door of the mens jacks and was greeted with an inch of urine covering the whole floor. It appeared that earlier on in the night, at least one guest had puked in the urinals. For the rest of the night, all the men kept on pissing and as the chicken, stuffing and peas blocked the drain, their piss gradually overflowed everywhere.

Adter i cleared this mess, I had a look in the single cubicle. Someone (probably the same person) had been standing over the toilet with their pants down puking on the toilet/top of the cistern whike taking a dump which stuck to the cubicle wall then slid down to the floor leaving a lovely snail's trail of brown.

I have cleaned some seriously disgusting toilets in my student years working as a skivvy, but that was the worst I ever had to deal with.

Ooh the memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

BEAT wrote:
    I had to write up this sign and post it in the womens bathroom today because people are so disgusting!
    Hey, don't try'n put the blame on "people"... it was women, just admit it.
    "I'm not flushing my huge sloppy turd - the toilet handle might have germs on it!"

I worked in a kippy fast-food joint in my teens looking in on the toilets every now and then, but nothing there will ever compare to what I saw once in a public toilet...
    I must have been 6 or 7 at the time, I walked in to take a tinkle and there was the most incredable amount of poo smeared all over the walls, floor, the doors of the cubicles, (possibly the cieling aswell)... brown hand-prints everywhere, it must have taken several turds to make a poo-painting of this magnitude.
    I didn't want to touch anything.
    God even thinking of it now groses me out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

What really perturbs me is when yuo see a single ****e in a toilet, with no toilet papre or anytihng near it, jsut sitting ther. that's worriying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The amount of men who never wash their hands is sick. Esp in pubs, and cinema's. They go in, piss, and walk out. Dunno about women, as I don't go into their loo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

IF IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE TRY PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE FOR THE OFFICE HALL OF FAME

thus allowing comparisons like "god she can s**t for a small lass."

Rofl. I wonder if the **** list is still going. It used to be on a fairly popular site. In a full day I only got half way through it. Choc full of toilet horrors.

What pisses me off is ****ers who don't wash their hands after taking a leak, but still wipe their hands on the towel. That's only marginally worse then all the feckers who splash water on their hands and think they've washed. At least the animals who walk straight out the door are honest.

There's also one dirty animal who goes into the cubicles and pisses all over the place. If you're going to piss in a cubicle at least lift up the seat. On a weekend shift when there's no cleaners around he gradually makes every cubile unusable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

This thread truly is an eye-opener

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Stomach-turning bio-hazard toilets are an Irish tradition.

If you want to go the jacks without exposing yourself to some flavour of hepatitis I suggest you move to Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

the_syco wrote:
    Dunno about women, as I don't go into their loo's.
    As bad. You'll notice it in any bars with communal washrooms. I reckon about 60% of all people don't wash hands at all, based on years of counting at the back of my mind on every visit. Shaking hands with people in a bar is probably a bad idea. Let alone those chicks who insist on making a face in a pint of guinness with their fingers (asking them "did you wash" is a waste of time as they'll lie too, especially as hardly anyone actually washes their hands properly around their thumbs before grabbing the loo door handle last used by the last 6 ****ers who used it with piss all over their hands).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I wash my hands occasionally but not all the time after taking a piss,my cock isnt dirty and if your cock is that dirty that you have to wash your hands after EVERY TIME you touch it,youve got a problem. Women came up with the whole "wash your hands after you pee" rule tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I too don't always wash my hands after taking a piss. Christ it's not that big a deal.
    For you ppl who say its a disgusting habit an interesting read is here: Click here

an excerpt of which:

A new study has found everyday objects such as telephones and kitchen faucets can transfer high levels of potentially dangerous bacteria to the hands. And from the hands, bacteria often end up on the lips. A related study by the same researchers found that oddly enough, you are more likely to contaminate your hands when making dinner than after using a public restroom.

In one of the studies, the researchers looked at coliform bacteria, including fecal coliforms, on the palms of volunteers' hands after making dinner, cleaning the house, doing laundry, using a public restroom, petting a dog or a cat, or returning home from elementary school.

In all cases except the last, the volunteers' hands were disinfected before the activity.Surprisingly, they found that people had the least amount of microorganisms on their hands after leaving a public restroom, while people had the most after making a meal.

{edit} I'm using the above to show that not washing ones hands after a trip to the loo is not as bad as people make out. I'm well aware that it also states you SHOULD wash your hands regularly so no one needs to point that out to me :) Oh and I draw the line at taking a piss, anyone who doesnt wash their hands after taking a dump is entirely sick.

{further edit} and getting back to the real topic, using a public toilet and leaving it in a mess is plain bad manners and I can't understand why ppl if they miss the target can't take a second to clean up rather than leave someone else deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Something wrong with it ( actually don't answer )? I read a line in a cubicle once that I'll never forget which pretty much sums up the whole sordid public toilet affair. "Anyone can piss on the floor, be a legend **** on the ceiling". Go on reach for the sky ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

daveirl wrote:

I really don't think urine is sterile. It's a bodily fluid and has to carry all sorts of diseases. If not straight away, there must be all sorts of bacteria munching away on the typical westerner's nutrition-rich piss.

Oh - and I don't want the smallest drop of your piss on anything I'm going to touch :p

I really don't think urine is sterile.
    I've heard this too.. sterile, it's safe to drink your own wizzle apparently... although I think this assumes that you're in good health.
    Doesn't urine sometimes contain traces of semen aswell though? ;)

Surely I can't be alone in the ability to take a wee without needing to grab it out? just flop it out over the waistband of your boxers :D

<-- Bathroom nijna tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's sterile on leaving the body, but it provides a perfect breeding ground for bacteria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

SantaHoe wrote:
    Hey, don't try'n put the blame on "people"... it was women, just admit it.
    "I'm not flushing my huge sloppy turd - the toilet handle might have germs on it!"

I worked in a kippy fast-food joint in my teens looking in on the toilets every now and then, but nothing there will ever compare to what I saw once in a public toilet...
    I must have been 6 or 7 at the time, I walked in to take a tinkle and there was the most incredable amount of poo smeared all over the walls, floor, the doors of the cubicles, (possibly the cieling aswell)... brown hand-prints everywhere, it must have taken several turds to make a poo-painting of this magnitude.
    I didn't want to touch anything.
    God even thinking of it now groses me out :(

I encountered the same thing when on a cub scout retreat. Some of the kids from another troop had smeared a cublice with turd, there was even brown on the ceiling, they must have been throwing turds up into the air.

What is wrong with those kids? It's like kids who defecate in swimming pools, nothing worse than encountering a turd when you go for a swim (happened once or twice when I was in primary school, and happened all of the 2 or 3 times I visited aquaworld in Tralee). I swear, they should have adult swimming pools with kids banned from them(not just adult swimming hours) :mad: I mean if that many kids are defecating in the pool, god knows how many are urinating in the pool.

I laughed out loud several times reading this thread btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

The worst I have ever seen would have to be one of the All-Ireland finals one year. I was working in a certain Hotel in town which is apparently known as where to go if you are looking for tickets. Anyway as a result it is always packed with *ahem* 'Country people'.So most of them would be unsuccessful in their search for tickets and since they were in a bar why not just stay there and watch the match on the big screen and have a 'few' drinks?

Seriously one guy I could have sworn by the looks of it must have been drinking Guiness all day and just walked in to the cubicle, bent over, grabbed his ankles and Let Loose! Up the Friggin walls! It was all over the place. And the smell! I pity the poor bugger who had to clean it up. Ugh! Just picturing it rollong down the walls now is even freakin me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

I really hate when theres piss on the seat, thats the worst ive seen so far
    but its disgusting having to wipe it off! And sometimes I actually miss a spot and end up sitting on it eewww /me shivers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

BEAT wrote:
    without getting too graphic, someone did a pooh on a toilet seat and then put the full roll of toilet paper into the water, not even unwinding it, just the full roll. ignorant as ****.

LOL, as sick as some of this stuff is, it's funny in a mind-boggling sort of way... like wtf goes through someones head as they do something like that?!
    They really need potty training for adults... it's like they have the mind of a toddler or something.
    Stark wrote:
    I laughed out loud several times reading this thread btw :D
    Nothing beats toilet humour tbh. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BEAT wrote:

Working as a sand based beverage containing logistics technician as a 17 year old (glass boy), when cleaning the ladies, I was met by a used ST stuck to the toilet seat.

A guy who i later worked with in a club while on toilet duty discovered a pair of soiled boxers. The poor fool who did it got caught short so to speak. There was no toilet roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

SantaHoe wrote:
    it's safe to drink your own wizzle apparently

Errr no its not. Its basically water plus all the concentrated toxins that you kidneys filter out. Drinking it again basically causes your kidneys to overload and die eventually.

Interestingly though - before antiseptic was invented one of the best ways to stop a wound getting infected was to piss on it.

Edit : they had a guy drink his own piss on Brainiac Science abuse the other week. He basically just passed it through a filter several times with a pressurised plant prayer. Was still faintly yellow and smelly though. He managed a mouthful before running to the sink and puking.

SantaHoe wrote:
    it's safe to drink your own wizzle apparently
    Errr no its not. Its basically water plus all the concentrated toxins that you kidneys filter out. Drinking it again basically causes your kidneys to overload and die eventually.
    Mih, I've heard far less grim things about it myself.
    Very popular in india according to this. -> http://skepdic.com/urine.html
    He managed a mouthful before running to the sink and puking.
    I wonder if someone diluted it with some fruit juice and told him there was no urine in it, would he have reacted the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well, if it was good enough for Gandhi...

Advertisement