Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another infamous Pat Kenny gaffe (Or is it?)

• 08-10-2004 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭

While interviewing Chris Tarrant tonight, Pat was talking about a guy from the Falls Road Belfast who won £500,000 on WWTBAM.
    Pat ends the conversation by this quip "He shovels fertiliser in the garden now".
    Is Pat inplying that this guy used fertiliser for other purposes on the Falls Road before he won the money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Maybe we should shovel some fertiliser into Pat Kenny and get rid of his massive wage bill. Might bring down the TV Licence fee .... you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Did anyone else feel that Gaybo was trying to take over the other week...and didn't know his 'place' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Is Pat inplying that this guy used fertiliser for other purposes on the Falls Road before he won the money?
    I reckon he's contrasting (badly, bold Pat) with the guy's former (when he could get it) job as a "sewage worker with a shovel".

I can remember the guy being on the show and I thought at the time Tarrant was overemphasising the guy's situation (he was unemployed and Tarrant kept mentioning it) but I suppose he was showing what a difference it could make to his life and was probably genuinely pleased about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

sanncoo wrote:
    Did anyone else feel that Gaybo was trying to take over the other week...and didn't know his 'place' :rolleyes:
    Gaybo is outstandingly better than Plank Kenny, id welcome him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

says a lot for pat kenny that does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cheddox

sanncoo wrote:
    Not really. I think he's experienced enough to know it's not good to hold court on someone else's show.

However (and sorry but this is unrelated to the original post), I have to say that Brendan Grace singing that song to Maureen O'Hara was one of the most surreal moments I've seen in a long, long time. I ended up face-down in the couch with my hands over my ears when it became apparent he wasn't taking the piss. And then she tried to kiss him and he pullled away! As if going bald wasn't enough of a stress for the poor woman. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

seems like a harmless enough comment ... instead of shovelling sh*t in the sewer he's shoveling fertiliser in his garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I remember that show aswell with Grace and Gaybo. When Grace started singing I had to leave the room.

And yes, I did think that gaybo was upstaging Pat, but without trying! God sake put Ecksor on instead of Pat Kenny. Now THAT would be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Kenny deserves only a fraction of his current salary.

That said, he can be very funny unintentionally. He reminds me of Alan Partridge in the first series of "Knowing me knowing you" or "Cognoscens me cognoscens te" as the Ancient Romans would have called it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

sanncoo wrote:
    He was. And as much as i'd love to see Gay back on the Late Late, he shouldn't have acted that way. No matter how **** Pat is, it's still his show. It's his contract and it's his job. Another guest wouldn't get away with doing it, and there's no reason why Gay should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

I reckon Ryan Tubridy will replace Pat Kenny et all!

Looking forward to his show on Saturday night! Is he the new "Gaybo" in the making?

ag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

simu wrote:
    He reminds me of Alan Partridge in the first series of "Knowing me knowing you" or "Cognoscens me cognoscens te" as the Ancient Romans would have called it.

Someone told me that while interviewing B*witched, he said that "Did you know that hedgehogs have no fingerprints?" which hand no bearing on what they were talking about and then carried on regardless.

I wish I had seen that, I'm laughing now just thinking about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

angeleyes wrote:

Looking forward to his show on Saturday night! Is he the new "Gaybo" in the making?

ag

Tubridy is a MUPPET ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

angeleyes wrote:

ag

Good god I hope not, that guy is useless, his jokes are so bad they wouldn't even make it into christmas crackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ì agree with Sharkman and FX Meister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

While interviewing Chris Tarrant tonight, Pat was talking about a guy from the Falls Road Belfast who won £500,000 on WWTBAM.
    Pat ends the conversation by this quip "He shovels fertiliser in the garden now".
    What's a "gaffe"?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

a house in Finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Illkillya wrote:
    Ì agree with Sharkman and FX Meister.
    I concur with Illkillya in his agreement.

Tubridy can suck farts out of a dead badger while playing a tin whistle and I still couldn't listen to/watch him. Then again who would?
    Besides everyone knows that w4nker Ryan will get the LLshow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wertz wrote:
    Besides everyone knows that w4nker Ryan will get the LLshow...
    Do you mean Tubridy or Jerry Ryan? I cant see Jerry getting it, he's far too uncooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Zhane wrote:
    Gaybo is outstandingly better than Plank Kenny, id welcome him back

Jaysus would you cop on !!! Gaybo gets 200 grand for sitting on his smug cravat wearing arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

simu wrote:
    That said, he can be very funny unintentionally. He reminds me of Alan Partridge in the first series of "Knowing me knowing you" or "Cognoscens me cognoscens te" as the Ancient Romans would have called it.

Spot on!

Pat Kenny, the man who makes Alan Partridge look like Ludwig Wittgenstein :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭unme

cheddox wrote:
    I have to say that Brendan Grace singing that song to Maureen O'Hara was one of the most surreal moments I've seen in a long, long time. I ended up face-down in the couch with my hands over my ears when it became apparent he wasn't taking the piss. :D

Indeed, it was the most ridiculous piece of TV I have seen in some time - I lost a few pounds in weight simply melting away with embarrassment looking at it. No one would have blamed Pat Kenny if he had given Brendan Grace a well placed, and rather forceful, kick in the arse when he went down on one knee to sing to O'Hara!! That would have at least justified 1 cent our the licence fee on the grounds of entertainment.

Regarding Gay Byrne on the same show... Gaybo has a face as familiar to us as a five euro note.. actually more familiar, as he has been around a lot longer. He will seem to own any chat show he appears on, simply because of our association with him as presenter of the the Late Late Show.

Advertisement