Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking Help

Options
  • 08-10-2004 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

bought a dlink router bout a month or so ago, its been "working" as such as in i cant do port fowarding but whatever comp ive needed to access things which would normally be blocked i just enable DMZ ..its not ideal but i usually only need to do this for 1 of my comps so im hardly touching it

but now all of a sudden i seem to have a rather odd problem

i have 3 comps all wired up to the router and my laptop is wireless to it, without me doing anything, to my knowledge its all of a sudden..gone wrong :eek:

my 3 comps can all access the internet, the laptop however will not, you open firefox (or nasty IE) and i just get..so and so cannot be found, like its offline, now not only is this getting annoying, also i cant share any of my files through my comps, none of them "appear" to be on the network, i have them all in the same workgroup and whatever, i know its worked as ive been using it for the last month, but now whatever comp i try and view network comps or something in the network options, explorer either crashes or i get something about my workgroup not being available or something, which im finding quite odd as they can all view the net

i need to get about 20gb off my laptop and 100 or so off this comp onto my server and no way am i using discs :eek:

any suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

ViperVenoM wrote:
    any suggestions??
    Do you have a software firewall installed on the machine that was in the DMZ?

If not, I'd suggest you reformat all of the machines, and re-install everything from scratch - they're probably all riddled with worms that went stright into the unprotected machine, and from there to the rest of the machines that were protected from direct attack by the firewall in your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

no no i have sygate running on all em, they have all been checked for viruses and whatever and all are fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

I had the same problem with Sygate installed.

Go to the firewall program-Tolls-Options-Network Neigborhood
    select the tickbox for "Allow others to share my files and printers"
    That should solve it for you

Advertisement