Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second U.S Presidential Debate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

TomF wrote:
    I'd say any "bulge" under Bush's suit coat is evidence of some kind of body armour.
    I hope to hell we don't see a codpiece-shaped bulge in the next debate then;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Bush came across as extremely arrogant. Some of his answers were too well prepared to be believable, although whether the American public can see through that or not is another issue.
    The "weapons of mass destruction" came up more than once and I would have thought that he would have at least tried to sidestep the questions, but he insisted on talking of "threats". The "war on terror" spiel may have got him through this term, but will it last him another 4 years?
    Kerry, on the other hand, was every bit the gentleman. Although he was debating 1 on 1 with Bush you never got the impression that he was going to take personal "swipes" at his opponent, while Bush tried to on every occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

TomF wrote:
    I'd say any "bulge" under Bush's suit coat is evidence of some kind of body armour.
    On his back.
    Hmmm.
    Says rather a lot about his administration that the place he puts his kevlar is between his shoulder blades... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

dahamsta wrote:
    I was being facetious darling.

I know honey, I just thought I'd play along. :p

I much prefer it spelt dahling by the way... ;)

TomF wrote:
    I am confident that most American voters with enough common sense to mark a ballot correctly will vote George W. Bush into a second term.

And those that don't will have their's assigned to Bush by daddy's friends in the Supreme Court anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Reference a post by RE*AC*TOR: where is our moderator, and what does he think is offensive? (The post is dated October 11th, 22:09 hours, in case our esteemed moderator needs help finding it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

He's probably still in a paralytic fit after reading this gem:
    I am confident that most American voters with enough common sense to mark a ballot correctly will vote George W. Bush into a second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

TomF wrote:
    Reference a post by RE*AC*TOR: where is our moderator, and what does he think is offensive? (The post is dated October 11th, 22:09 hours, in case our esteemed moderator needs help finding it.)
    Would you like to tell me which bit you found offensive? I'll gladly take your considerations into account.

PS is it me or was the post at 23:09? is cork in a different time zone? or just TomF?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

TomF wrote:

I would of said a training bra, but the current feeling in DC is it is an artificial spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

TomF wrote:
    There's a report this post button at the bottom-left of every post (it's shaped like a warning triangle). It links to the post so moderators, esteemed or otherwise, don't have to trawl through posts and time zones to find it. Click that rather than letting the thread spiral into a discussion on the post I can't find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    McJerk, hahahahahahahahahaha, you are a card! You obviously have a team of writers working behind the scenes for you.

Are they the same ones that write Georgie boy's debate material?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

The Register has an interesting article giving an opinion on what the shape on the back of George W. Bush's suit was - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/12/bush_wireless_coaching/

apparently they suggest the bulge is consistent with the type of device available at http://www.comtek.com/IFBCueing/ifbcueing.html which allows for a wireless earpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

interesting, but the fact remains he was out-debated.

shotamoose wrote:
    at one point Kerry said something about Bush getting $84 from a timber company that i don't think anyone understood.

bushwood.jpg

Need some wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

LOL. Hacksaw Jim Duggan for President. :D

So Al Gore "invented" the internet, and Bush thinks there's more than one of 'em...

And here it is, in all its glory...

http://rumorsontheinternets.com/

:D

Advertisement