Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom Broadband

• 09-10-2004 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭

Anyone here used the link on the Eircom site to cancel their Eircom BB trial ?.

I'm actually just over the two months, btu clicked the link & got the standard - sorry to lose you message, but just wondered if they send you confirmation or does the service just disappear ?

Of course they might be sticky & try to hold me to a 12 month contract :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah id watch out for that mate! Apparently if u dont cancel within the 2 months you are 'automatically' signed into a 12 month contract.. although i doubt the contract is binding if you havent actually signed anything physically

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I thought you are already signed to a 12 month contract with Eircom?, once you sign with Eircom for the trial you are signed to 12 months automatically.

Correct me if i am wrong, as it's my assertion that the only REAL free trial is with IOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

IOL hype...Eircom introduced the two month trial in august, but as I'm just over the dates, fear I may have a problem, although they haven't said anything yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

You have to tell eircom before the trail's end or you will signed up for a 12 month contract and I do not think eircom will tell you. Funny this time eircom is more of a free trail then iol, because with iol when the trail is over you will have to pay install fee to carry on and it is free with eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

iol is a pain, I've been using the BB for 8 months and been waiting 5 months for 2MB line upgrade, and nothing was done, and waiting and waiting for them to disconnect my crappy line so eircom can have me up and running on 2MB line but everytime I call iol the manager is busy, no reply on email or phone calls, I may call to their office one of these days and its gonna be a war, they can forget about the cancellation fee's, I need the 2MB line as I have alot of data transfer because I work from home, more like they pay me for wasting my time than anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

We're going for the IOL trial and were told by them the other day they've now dropped the installation charge. We're going for the phone package as well mind...

Advertisement