Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventures in Eircom-Land, Day 89

Options
  • 09-10-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

For previous adventures and to understand the following, see:

Day 6: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=171929
    Day 69: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=185721

So despite the reassurances of customer care at Eircom, we woke up this morning to find our line had been disconnected. Though we rarely use the line for voice calls, this morning my partner was expecting quite a few since it's her birthday and she's from Malaysia. After trying the line, she found she couldn't make a call.

I rang the fault line, and was told to try billing. Naturally, being Eircom, I couldn't find any way to speak to a human in billing, so I re-contacted faults who put me through.

Billing said I hadn't paid the last two bills. I said I had paid the first bu cheque (I had been awaiting the direct debit form to pay the second 'til i got fed up, found one on their web site, and sent it off in the previous week).

I asked if they had received the cheque that I sent two weeks previously. They said, oh yes, they had, but I hadn't paid the last bill. I pointed out that they hadn't sent me a direct debit form for my bank as they had promised, and so I'd gone to their site, printed out one, and sent it the week before. She said it took 6-8 weeks (!) for them to process it anyway. (How they hell does it take them that long?).

I was then staggered when she suggested I could set up a direct debit over the phone! I'd asked this before, and they said they couldn't. The reason they had made me jump through hoops, having to send out cheques and print forms from their web site was because they couldn't do this. Ohh, it must be new functionality. she blathered.

I gave her the details, and then hung up since at this point I was boiled mad. (I've been with my partner four years, and she said she hadn't ever seen meen being even close to as angry I was). Today, instead of getting nice birthday wishes from her family and spending the day doing something nice, I have to go find a post office and pay this bill straight away to be reconnected. Even though they now have my direct debit days on their super new system. (Actually, there's no doubt in my mind they are lying through their teeth about this and that they could take direct debits over the phone all along.)

In my first thread, someone said I should mail Phil Nolan, the CEo of Eircom. I did, and got some result from it. There was no response to my second thread however, and when I rang his PA, Alwyin Mannion, her phone number now goes to someone else (if she has quit because of the stress of being continually rung by irate customers, I can't blame her).

P.

Advertisement