Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England Vs Wales (inc. scores)

• 09-10-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

England are 1-0 up.

I think England are going to win this. Great strike by rooney that nearly went in too.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yeah , but once again the English commentry is SO one sided .

Spoils the whole thing ..

Ooohhhh .. Good try by Owen !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Motty should have Toshack in with him! ;)

England looking pretty comfortable while the Welsh defence is playing very tight whenever Owen et al looks like getting a shot off. If England get a second its game over as the Taffs will have to commit men forward.

Mike,

Beckham! Wtf?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Why arent wales in our group?

God they are bad.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

England I think now have the best defence in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PHB wrote:
    And wales have the best offence ;)

Beckham and Eriksonn really should be given such a bollocking, he scores the perfect goal then gets a knock but what does Sven do? Take him off? Nooooo, far too sensible that. Becks comes back on and launhces himself into a yellow card "assault" (I did'nt see a tackle).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote:
    Beckham and Eriksonn really should be given such a bollocking, he scores the perfect goal then gets a knock but what does Sven do? Take him off? Nooooo, far too sensible that. Becks comes back on and launhces himself into a yellow card "assault" (I did'nt see a tackle).

Mike.

Couldn't agree more, unless its what he wanted...

Yellow card = Beckham gets an autmoatic ban = Beckham "rested" against one of the weaker teams in the group.

Beckham returns from suspension with no suspension hanging over him.

Make sense? Makes more sense than leaving him on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Not a bad replacement in SWP though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PHB wrote:

Yep, four quality central defenders in Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry and King.

They're arguably a better side than France on paper, I don't see why they don't seem to preform as such.

• Advertisement

Yep, four quality central defenders in Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry and King.

They're arguably a better side than France on paper, I don't see why they don't seem to preform as such.

The manager, hang on France are crap at the moment!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I thought Owen did alright seeing that he was out for so long. I wonder if Sven will stick with 3 strikers up front. It was probably him taking the easy option rather than making any tough decison to leave a striker out and fix their left hand side problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I thought I'd make a point about some of those English fans who are total scum. They boo'd during the Welsh national anthem, and were shouting during the minute of silence for Ken Bigley. Fùckers.

I think it was the Welsh who acted up during the Bigley min of silence, and others reacted to them. I'm also told that the min was very badly introduced
    by the announcer.

Mike.

Advertisement