Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpful books in Japanese

• 09-10-2004 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Okay,
    I know its only October, but I'm scared ****less of what will come up in the LC Japanese test. Ive been doing it for a year so far, Our teacher last year was nice, but wasnt good enough. Ive agreat one now, but I fear we're already very far behind,.
    Our class is using 'Japanese for young people parts 1 & 2. We havent been able to start the 2nd one yet. I asked my teacher for some suggestions on books so I can learn at home, and she loaned me 'A dictionary of basic Japanese Grammer' by Seiichi kino and Michio Tsutsui. The things freaking huge!!!!!!!
    And reading it, it came to me that its far more advanced than what I'm ready for.
    Any suggestions? I'm looking for something a little more 'reader friendly', y'know? The whole writing part I'm fine with, Its just..........everything else :( :P .Any help would be greatly apreciated.
    So yeah
    YEAH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Japanese For Busy People. Really useful book.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

yeh, it's a very easy read. gets the grammar points across very well and alot is learned quickly! you can get it in Modern Languages on Westland Row for about E30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone know where I can get a hold of the Kana version of Japanese For Busy People?

[/Hijack]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Hey lads thanks. I be gettin that book now. The kana version tho, worthwhile in the long-run.

Sico, after having a look around I found the amazon uk sight the best priced IMO.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/202-0538250-6499869

Advertisement