Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Km/h Speed limit on the Toll Bridge

Options
  • 09-10-2004 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Driving over the bridge this morning heading north bound and I noticed a new 70(Km/h) sign at the start of the bridge. No miles per hour equivelent or anything just the Km saying 70 with a relatiely small Km/h at the bottom. There is one half way along at 50Km and at the end of the bridge saying 25Km.

Dont know if it's just me but I think this is a bit sneaky? Putting a sign on the bridge saying 70Km/h and not including the Miles per hour equivelent especially since they seem to be the frst of the Km/h signs.

It wouldn't suprise me to see a camera out on the bridge taking advantage of these new signs? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Maybe they are trying to gauge people's responses? The toll boths being one of the few places where they could ask opinions on hte motorway system.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

hmmm
    toll booth operator: "Sorry we kept traffic clogged up again on the M50 this morning but would you mind if I asked you a few questions? It shouldn't take too long!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

that was km/h? Ohhhh dear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

These signs must be very new - I was on the bridge about a week ago and didn't notice them. I thought the limit when approaching the northbound toll booths was 40 mph. AFAIK the limit on the southbound bridge (and approaching the sountbound toll booths) is the normal 70 mph

If the limit is 25km/h as you approach the northbound toll booths then I wonder is there a sign directly after the booths which designates the return to a 70 mph limit. I don't recall ever having seen one of these signs.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

I saw the 50 and 25KM/H signs on the way home from work last night. I didn't see the 70 sign, probably because I was still travelling @ 70mph. And I don't recall seeing a 120KM/H sign (as there should be) after clearing the toll plaza. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, seeing as I missed the 70KM/H sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

The signs are only one the bridage and once you clear it south bound there is the normal 70 mph sign. But technically you should drive at 25Km/h until you pass the slip road as there does not seem to be a sign before then saying otehrwise

Advertisement