Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad party a wash-out?

Options
  • 09-10-2004 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Wasn't at it myself but I heard the postgrad part in the beta bar finished up at 12pm. How did people find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

wasn't there myself either, no-one I spoke to seemed even remotely interested in going. So I decided to head out on thursday instead with the other chemistry heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kpodesta

Yeah, it ended early (12pm), but it was a good laugh. I'd say there was easily 200 people there. When I arrived (around 9pm) all the tables had gone, people had filled the lower section of the bar, and were clumped around the bar itself. So there was a big empty space in the middle when you entered. That filled up later on in the night though. The music was not great (the last postgrad party had 80's music, apparantly there was a lot of dancing and hence, more mingling as a result), but the organisers admitted this, and I personally didn't care. Good mix of people there too, I was talking to people from Communications, Languages, Computing, Sports Science, Physics, Engineering, etc.

There are precious few opportunities to meet postgrads in a party situation like this in DCU, so I will always head along to them as long as they're on. This was only the second one that the postgrad soc have organised, and both have been a success by sheer numbers of people attending, and I've had a good night both nights.

It'd be good to have the more frequent pub night I think, on a semi-regular basis. Even as a research postgrad, we don't go out to the pub enough as a research group, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

kpodesta wrote:
    It'd be good to have the more frequent pub night I think, on a semi-regular basis. Even as a research postgrad, we don't go out to the pub enough as a research group, etc.

would be an excellent idea methinks

Advertisement