Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desert Combat FINAL .08 Oct 16th

Options
  • 10-10-2004 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

We would like to thank the public for its patience waiting for ".8". This is the next logical step in the evolution of DC and really completes the game. It, of course, fixes all of the bugs and issues that we've heard about .7 but it also changes gameplay slightly to bring you a more surreal experience. Almost the entire modification has been tweaked with new effects and new sounds to make the battlefield seem like a modern combat FPS game. It is the closest to BF2 you can come without actually buying it.

This release includes .8 content before Trauma stopped work and also some content that testers have added. After DC_Final was announced - we got some Trauma folks back to help us with some of the really cool things in DC_Final. The release date is OCTOBER 16th 2004

How can something so good go so wrong?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I dont understand?

Has it gone pay to download or domething?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

No .. it shall still be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Winters wrote:
    No .. it shall still be free.

Why how did it go so wrong whats up with it

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

why whats up with it

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think he meant that it sounds so good that it can't possibly be bad, or go wrong.
    KdjaC wrote:
    It is the closest to BF2 you can come without actually buying it.
    I can think of a closer way.
    Oh, I'm so naughty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When the mod 1st came out way back then , it was good since each release its got worse and worse. Now its not even going to v1.0 and its final.

How can something so good go so bad?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KdjaC wrote:
    When the mod 1st came out way back then , it was good since each release its got worse and worse. Now its not even going to v1.0 and its final.

How can something so good go so bad?

kdjac
    From the quote in the first post, me thinks BF2 is v1.0 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

shinzon wrote:
    Shin

Because it was never that good! Truth is BF1942 was always better! Takes more skill to fly in BF1942 and DC was always crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

DC was always crap!

eh no. I loved DC. It was what i played when i got bf1942. didn't really play bf1942 much at all. I still pop on for the odd game. I guess they stopped working cuz all the people making are now making BF2. That said, who is actually making this release?

• Advertisement

Tramua Studios.
    Are they doing it independantly or are they now fully under EA's yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

r u sure cuz it says in that bit that kdjac quoted that they r getting some of the people back from trauma meaning it most be someone else if they r getting a few of them to come back and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Tramua Studios.
    Are they doing it independantly or are they now fully under EA's yoke?

Tramua were bought by DICE for $500,000 and are now going to be working under the name DICE New York.

Full DICE press release over the deal can be found over there
    > here

Oooohhhhhhh, excuse me.

Pedantic ****.

Well, he may just be telling the facts.

Advertisement