Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The unfunniest sitcom of all

• 02-01-2001 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Here's my top 10. Any more suggestions?

* One Foot In The Grave
    * Upwardly Mobile
    * The Brittas Empire
    * Wings
    * Are you being served?
    * Absolutely Fabulous
    * Mad About You. In fact, every US sitcom ever shown on TV3
    * Ned and Stacey
    * Who's The Boss/The Upper Hand
    * Dad's Army

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh dear God I had just blanked all memory of Upwardly Mobile from my mind!! Ba$tard.

Boomtux9.gif

Ph33R M3!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Theres 2 there i wouldnt agree with at all but heres mine.
    1):Payne (It was a remake of Fawlty Towers by those retarded americans, needless to say they ****ed it up)
    2):The Bold and the Beautiful (some babes innit, but such retarded americans, the plot usually involves some evil dead/comotose twins having affairs and the like)

Theres more but i cant be buggered.

Friends shud get a warning aswell, some of the newest episodes are crap, but its still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Id like to tack on to the list
    1. Drew Carey - over here (US) he is on every f*cking station all the time, wrecks my head. And that fat b*tch is the unfunniest character i have ever seen in my life.

2. Everybody loves f*cking Raymond- doesnt need a reason

I could go on but remember tv3 only shows half the crap american sitcoms, theres more where that came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

* One Foot In The Grave
    * Upwardly Mobile
    * The Brittas Empire
    * Wings
    * Are you being served?
    * Absolutely Fabulous
    * Mad About You. In fact, every US sitcom ever shown on TV3
    * Ned and Stacey
    * Who's The Boss/The Upper Hand
    * Dad's Army
    i like all these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:
    Theres 2 there i wouldnt agree with at all but heres mine.
    The Bold and the Beautiful (some babes innit, but such retarded americans, the plot usually involves some evil dead/comotose twins having affairs and the like)
    </font>
    situational comedy?! well i had no idea...man that was bad! tongue.gif

crow-eyeslogo.gif
    This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Eh, Dad's Army was, is and ever shall be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

cyberdog were is your sence of humer man.

the brittas empire
    * Are you being served?
    * Absolutely Fabulous
    * Dad's Army
    all super
    other good sitcoms
    * give my head peace (the funniest thing ever to come out of the north, except george best when hes pished).
    wHAT IS $h!te is that new one on sky 1 about that pub. complete and utter b0ll0x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Afraid it's gotta be Seinfeld... what a load of toss... followed closely by that daft US remake of Fawlty Towers (it's on after midnight on ITV some night of the week!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

One Foot in the Grave, Brittas and Ab Fab can be excellent at times. One Foot has some brilliant set pieces and they he gets/got away with some much that a younger sitcom actor wouldn't. The bit where a prostitute used to massage his feet using her nipples was very funny. Brittas was good to start with but it was the same script nealry every week. Clolin was a great character though.

And as for Ab Fab. Have you seen any other comedic character snorting coke and getting away with it ? Theres excellent episodes of that, pretty awful ones too though.

I'd agree with the rest of your choices, though Dads Army is good at times.
    German Soldier to Pike: What is your name ? I will write it down.
    Capt. Manwaring: Don't tell him Pike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You've left out the Royle family.

The gags come bizzaro thick and fast and are totally crap. One scene must have been 7 or 8 minutes long of them sitting watching TV eating buscuits, singing the song from the ad of each biscuit. My sides nearly split rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hannah

hey ab fab was good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I love the Royle Family. It's bloody hilarious and I reckon people who don't get it are too stupid to know when something's funny if they're not being spoon-fed by one of those annoying laugh-tracks.

"Alright Dave. Have you 'ad your tea?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Payne is brutal - painfully unfunny. The Royal family is the best sitcom on TV atm by far imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mythago:
    Afraid it's gotta be Seinfeld... what a load of toss...

</font>

What are you on?Seinfeld is probably one of the best sitcoms ever.

Royle Family is also excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

has nobody ever seen 'give my head peace'
    that seen were the republican chap does a scetch as an ira fella with his hand up jerry adams ass.is timeless
    or was it the other way around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Frodo@work:
    has nobody ever seen 'give my head peace'
    that seen were the republican chap does a scetch as an ira fella with his hand up jerry adams ass.is timeless
    or was it the other way around
    </font>

Yeah... but "Give my Head Peace" is a GOOD comedy... he's looking for BAD ones... hence the topic subject...

Who remembers "Extra, Extra!" on RTÉ... just when you thought they couldn't come out with any more brutal rubbish... they come up with that... (arrrrrrrrrrrgggh!!!) frown.gif

bard2.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski:
    It's bloody hilarious ?"</font>

5 (6?) people sitting around eating buscuits and singing their jingos is funny?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I reckon people who don't get it are too stupid to know when something's funny if they're not being spoon-fed by one of those annoying laugh-tracks.[/B]</font>

Are you quite sure? tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Seinfeld.....Truth not only of the existence of Satan, but that he has serious bowel problems too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Jaysus, Seinfield IS the best comedy on the planet. Unfortunatally it is over so the crown passes on to Drew Carey which isn't shown merely enough and when it is supposed to be on Net2 at about 12:15 it ends up being shown at 1:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Energizer1

the funniest sitcoms on tv have to be spin city and frazier. Seinfeld is crap,haven't seen drew carey. dads army,fawlty towers and are you being served are good(not great)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

good afternoon. it has been months since i have graced u with my presence, but i am back now.

SEINFELD = BRILLIANT
    royle family = not my cup of tea

Worst sitcom = Ink (starring a very bald Ted Danson)

that is all. good night.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

married with children has to be the worst sitcom i have ever seen....it is a festering puss filled pimple on the ar$e of humanity..... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by black_wizardd (edited 09-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by black_wizardd:
    married with children has to be the worst sitcom i have ever seen....it is a festering puss filled pimple on the ar$e of humanity..... smile.gif

</font>

Amen.What a big pile of sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Whoever the hell came up with Upwardly Mobile, that godawful excuse for a pile of rotting maggot ridden dead donkey flesh should be strung up in his birthday suit on a tree in someplace really f ucking cold like Siberia, or Mayo, made to watch that f ucking show repeatedly for three months straight while it plays on a continuous loop, while a rabid dog feeds slowly on his genitalia, all while having to eat his own faeces to survive.

Or mabye it was "Allo, Allo" i hated. Anyway, both shows are not the Dog's B ollocks, thats for damn sure.

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

LOL smile.gif........nice one eamo......i agree....

"divinity and lust are forever forbidden to meet" - CoF - Lustmord and Wargasm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by black_wizardd:
    married with children has to be the worst sitcom i have ever seen</font>

I don't know how I missed it! The theme song is the most annoying thing ever and it just gets worse. I went tru a sad period where I fancied Kelly Bundy and almost went insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

To be honest, I think every sitcom listed on this page is ****ing stupid but just for fun, heres my top worst sitcom list:

Give My Head Peace (Feeeeeeennniiiaaannn!)

Its Like, You Know (The dumbest ****ing title for a sitcom ever)

Baddiels Syndrome (I may only have seen one episode, but this tat is right up there)

And most of all. Unfunny, annoying, confusing, contrived, insulting, badly acted, smugly scripted Seinfeld. Frankly, I can understand why he turned down the 3 million rather then do another episode of that ****e.

Smoothing over the cracks in decaying Western Society with plasticine and a butter knife, ThunderingMike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭[-CSA-]-[Gideon]-*

Seinfeld, most amazing sitcom ever made, a lot of other great comedys like Frasier are starting to get too emotional now (the whole Niles-Daphny thing)

Worst sitcom ever Absolutly Fabulous, its so bad it infuriates me even thinking about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Chris Barrie 0wns j00

• Advertisement
Advertisement