Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Someone to finish website (php scripting)

Options
  • 10-10-2004 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Basically i work for a small company called Instacom, they are custom installers which means they supply and fit electronic equiptment. I'm in charge of anything to do with computers and networking and i'm usually out on site. The website was sort of a side project for me but i've been busier and busier recently so haven't done much at all to it. My boss wants progress on it so i need to find someone to do the coding and fix up any niggles. It needs a searchable product database (data entry not required) and other little bits and pieces, I just dont have the time or skills to do this.

Payment will of course be decided before starting the work.

Website

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

you just want a php scripter?
    could do with a little re-design also i reckon....

what is your budget ?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

you just want a php scripter?
    could do with a little re-design also i reckon....

what is your budget ?
    Yeh, looking for scipting plus a bit of a redesign, nothing too extravagent. Also we're stuck with the logo and colour scheme, boss wants it (?!?).

On the budget side of things, we haven't set one. We're really looking for quotes and then go from there, but bear in mind it is a small company

Cheers,
    Daniel

Daniel,

You got someone for this? Is it to late to send a PM?

Tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Hi Everyone,

I've had a huge response to this and that's great but the PMs are just coming in too thick and fast. I've tried to respond to everyone but i may have missed people so here's the summary for everyone:

No decisions have been made yet, I wont make one untill i can see all my options so don't worry. What i do need though is quotes, in the end my boss is making the decision on my advice, but obviosly money is an issue so for anybody to be successful i will need a figure. Makes things much easier.

To standardise the quotes this is what's needed:

Database to be set up and backend to allow non-techy people to input text and images.
    Database must be searchable by product, category, manufacturer and description.
    Each product must have its own php generated page.

Most people seem to agree a redesign is in order therfore that will need to be done using same logo/colour scheme.
    The services section must be created ~8-10 pages, layout in keeping with redesign, content provided.
    A contact form and email protectors would also be nice.

That is all,
    Look foward to hearing from everyone interested.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Has This Been Sorted Yet? Or Can I Throw In My Proposal?

Advertisement