Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A New Dell PC 268.00 euro+Vat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It works out at €445 by the time u get to the checkout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Nice one Mark. They actually include a keyboard too.

Worked out as €325 for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

325 incl delivery
    unklerosco make sure your deselecting the 3 yr warranty on the first page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Thanks Chalk, I was wondering about the 445 too, Bleedin Warrenty !
    Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭ondafly

nice offer. downside is no AGP.

although 160 gig and 256 ram. tempting

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I assume as it uses onboard graphics, it may not have an AGP port?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

€325 here also. You have to take everything off for that price. Still good value for an office/home pc.

Is there anything on the mobo details ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My GF has a 2400... I presume they is all based on the same mobo. There's no AGP slot on it. 2 slots for ram only..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭din0saur

Has anyone actually bought one of these headless PCs? Last I heard Dell would only sell PCs without monitors to business customers although I don't know how that works in practice. Shame if it's true as that that price makes me consider upgrading my home PC..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

What mark was saying is the price of 268.00 does not exist its 269.00 AND thats for BUISNESS CUSTOMERS ONLY!Not home customers!
    Recheck the facts mark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

You can get a far better specced machine from other suppliers for about €350.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Processor:
    Intel® Celeron® Processor (2.6GHz, 128K cache, 400MHz FSB)
    Operating System:
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2 - English
    Memory:
    256MB Single Channel DDR (1x256MB)
    Hard Drive:
    160GB (7200rpm) IDE Hard Drive with 8mb DataBurst Cache
    Optical Devices:
    48x CD-ROM
    Keyboard:
    Dell QuietKey Keyboard
    Mouse:
    Dell PS/2 Scroll Mouse

for 269+vat = 325.49

where can you get a better specced machine for 350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Doodee wrote:
    You can get a far better specced machine from other suppliers for about €350.

celeron processor, only 80 gb hd and only 128 mb ram...

i wouldnt take a present of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

yankinlk wrote:

the dell is specced as i stated above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yankinlk wrote:

You missed the free double memory and free hard drive upgrade offers, so it is a 160GB HD and 256MB RAM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BUISNESS CUSTOMERS ONLY!Not home customers!

Nothing to stop you saying you are a business. I ordered 2 dells a few years back for use in work, took 2 weeks to arrive, I rang and asked what the delay was as I needed it for work. They said "oh its for a business? you should have said that when you ordered, we would have made sure it got out sooner, we respond business customers quicker". Made me sick. My father got a "business" dell computer since we wanted to use the old speakers and cd writer, just gave some madeup business name, it arrived in 2 days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Thanks Mark, and today is the last day for free memory and hard drive upgrade aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Apart from the double memory and HD offer finishing yesterday, when I went into the website this morning and started clicking on what I would need, the cost finished up at over 600 Euro for nothing special!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're buying from Dell the extras cost a fortune. As soon as you go selecting 'extras' like a floppy disk (€25) and modem (€15) excl VAT they become very pricey. The best I've seen though is €31.75 for a USB printer cable. :eek: That just takes the biscuit.

A guy at work here bought the one on special offer with 160G HD and 256M RAM. Not a bad deal but he did have to pretend to be a business to get that price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In fairness €15 for a modem with drivers installed & some sort of tech support is a no brainer.

UnFond memories of the first PnP USB robotics 33.6 modems. - first thing you did was pen the case and set the jumpers to COM3 IRQ5 'cos then you wern't trying to hit a moving targets.

BTW: www.jaguarcompsys.ie are doing internal floppy drives for €6 + VAT

No one makes really cheap USB floppies or do they ?

Advertisement