Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no more films!! A RANT

• 10-10-2004 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

just needed a quick rant, came home today to find my door kicked in, the lights on and place robbed. DVD player and my collection (bloody good one at that), watches, g/f's jewellery taken, digital camers, and the best part, half a bottle of harveys bristol cream. If anyone sees a lout about D8 area with a bottle of that please let me know!! only happened as gob****e in upstairs flat never bothers to close back door to yard and my flat is extension to rear . every day i have to close back door as he leaves it open and he knows fatima mansions just round the corner, even put up large sign on back door asking everyone to keep it closed for security reasons!! luckily place was not ransacked and my comp and tv were not taken, thank bloody gawd. well had to come in over the roof from back wall so large things would have been to difficult. is just lousy knowing one or more scumbags/addicts have been poking around my flat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

sorry for your ordeal, but at least they didnt defecate[sp?] the place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Man that sucks... scum. I hope they choke on the harveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

sorry for your ordeal, but at least they didnt defecate[sp?] the place too.

It happened today so he probably hasn't got into bed yet.

//

Seriously tho tough break man.. I reccomend investing in a filing cabinet in future if you wanna hold onto DVDs/CDs etc. Like you said you had a comp/tv just sitting there and they couldn't even be bothered with the effort it'd take to nick it so they certainly wouldn't bother trying to move/break-into one of those either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

would not have been a prob if the muppet upstairs had kept back door locked, am in process of cleaning place at moment, havent ever been this pissdoff, and luckioly no deposits found anywhere!! not sure wether to laugh or shout but gonna head soon and devour a skinfull of guinness wit the g/f, she well freaked by this

will look into cabinet, the cd's werent touched and have shy on 700 of them, would have been heartbroken if they went too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Eoin...

A few years ago I was living in D8. Got a call in work from my landlord to say that there was an attempted break-in at the apartment I was living in. Since I was only 2 minutes away from it, I left work and went home to see what the story was.

Some idiot had let 2 knackers into the complex (they must have been waiting for someone to open the front door, and just followed that person in). They went to the top floor, and started kicking down a random door. Someone in a neighbouring apartment stuck their head out their door and scared them off. Then they went downstairs one floor (to my door!) and started to kick it down. They were interrupted by one my neighbours, and ran from the building. Another couple of kicks would have done it (the door was badly damaged and had to be replaced.)

PC, games, console, stereo, TV.... thank God they didn't get in.

It was all down to some inconsiderate twat who let two strangers into the complex without challenging them.... (they looked like 14 or 15 year old kids, apparently - any older and they'd have had no trouble with the door).

Makes me sick. Not a nice experience.

Sounds like you were relatively lucky. Enjoy your drink, and I hope you give the muppet upstairs an earful the next time you see him.

• Advertisement

TmB, gave him notice bout half hour ago, i part own the building!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

hehe :D
    Did he know this already? or did you just spring it on him?
    "Thanks for leaving the back door open again... I got robbed because of that... by the way, I'm one of the owners... here's your eviction notice."
    Sweet.

santahoe, he has known since last year when place was bought, he was tenent in residency at that time now he moving month end, just really want my film collection back, took too long and cost too much to replace and insurance wont cover it as back door was open at time of robbery and is on garda report so no come back on insurance end for me which is a second kick in the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Go round the flats and approach random people looking for a lad who was selling dvds earlier, yuou had no cash then he said to come round ehre later to buy some.

have few mates near you with large sticks.

kdjac

Go round the flats and approach random people looking for a lad who was selling dvds earlier, yuou had no cash then he said to come round ehre later to buy some.

not a chance mate, have a choice of fatima mansions or teresa's gardens!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

And still new apartments in (IMO) awful areas of D8 are selling for €300,000...what idiots are buying them at these prices? I work there (Guinness Enterprise Center) and wouldn't pay €100,000 for a new apartment there, with scumbags and drugdealers outside your door 24/7.

iona - is an old house on scr, not one of the new ones, was just bad luck really, is a house divided into three units (flats), place is generally fine apart from all the bloodt fireworks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

eoin_f wrote:
    Beautiful! Bet you felt a *tiny* bit better. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eoin_f wrote:
    just needed a quick rant, came home today to find my door kicked in, the lights on and place robbed. DVD player and my collection (bloody good one at that), watches, g/f's jewellery taken, digital camers, and the best part, half a bottle of harveys bristol cream. If anyone sees a lout about D8 area with a bottle of that please let me know!! only happened as gob****e in upstairs flat never bothers to close back door to yard and my flat is extension to rear . every day i have to close back door as he leaves it open and he knows fatima mansions just round the corner, even put up large sign on back door asking everyone to keep it closed for security reasons!! luckily place was not ransacked and my comp and tv were not taken, thank bloody gawd. well had to come in over the roof from back wall so large things would have been to difficult. is just lousy knowing one or more scumbags/addicts have been poking around my flat

Do up a list of the dvds sharpish and drop it in along with your phone number top places that buy 2nd hand dvs. A mate of mine had a crapload of cds robbed from his apartment a couple o fyears back and did this. Sure enough they got a phone call and a guy had been in with the cds. The guy in the shop told the scumbag that the boss had to handle large amounts and to drop back. My mate was waiting when the guy came back. He got his cds back and the guy got a kicking for his troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

someone went into my back garden at some point on friday night and stole about e1000 worth of bikes and power tools from the shed (seemingly picked the lock or something). Sadly it happened because the gate had been left unlocked by my younger brother who thought i'd be cycling home after him...

I had left my bike behind at a friends house :confused: sooo.... my bike was unharmed but if it had been in danger (ie: i'd brought it home) nothing would have been stolen in the first place (cos i'd have locked the gate). it's quite the bitch of an annoying situation -_-'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

hey, look at it this way... At least you werent at home when whoever broke in. Better to lose some posessions than your life.

Advertisement