Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS problem

Options
  • 10-10-2004 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Ive read the sticky thread btw so dont direct me there :p

Got a samsung e700 from ebay, brand new, on T Mobile network but unlocked. So i go to the mymeteor site and get the settings for MMS and WAP sent to my phone, i saved them. But MMS will not work, just gives me a error like "Network fail" if i try to send one.
    Any ideas before i email customer care?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

some operators will have their settings installed by default on branded handsets - can you make sure that the phone is using the Meteor Settings in the MMS configurations rather than any default ones (if any)

otherwise you'd need to check you are set up (provisioned) for MMS service on Meteor if you aren't already

BrianG

Also be aware that you cannot send MMS messages to other networks using Meteor, which is a pain. :(

Just letting you know in case you weren't aware of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

some operators will have their settings installed by default on branded handsets - can you make sure that the phone is using the Meteor Settings in the MMS configurations rather than any default ones (if any)

otherwise you'd need to check you are set up (provisioned) for MMS service on Meteor if you aren't already

BrianG

Thanks, ive checked my MMS settings, its using Meteors profile, as i overwrote the previous one that was there. Ill contact meteor and see if im provisioned for MMS.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Karsini wrote:
    Also be aware that you cannot send MMS messages to other networks using Meteor, which is a pain. :(

Just letting you know in case you weren't aware of it.

Never knew that, but it shouldnt of affected me, as i was sending it from the meteor site to myself, and also one from myself to myself to test it.

Advertisement