Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Animal Crossing?

Options
  • 10-10-2004 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Just got the PAL version last week, yeah yeah I know I should have imported it a year or two ago if I was really l33t but I never bothered. It came out here so I said I'd give it a go. Was just wondering is there much of a boards.ie crowd playing it at the moment? How are your villages holding up? I'm on my fourth day at the moment and to be honest there isn't a whole lot to do. Just upgraded the size of my house and I owe Tom Nook 148,000 bells. Ouch :eek: Can't seem to get my hands on a fishing rod yet so if someone could sort me out with one over the code swapping thing it would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I haven't played it in over a year (I imported)

But I was really stuck into it for a long time there.

It's alot more fun if you have someone else playing in the same town. As you get into some major competition over who's house is decorated the nicest.

My town is probably a mess at this stage, as no one has been weeding it for a year. I'll have to start again.

Do you have a GBA? If you link it up, it's the best way to make lots of money to upgrade your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I was actually planning on getting a GBA soon with the price drop. It enables you to travel the sea across to an island doesn't it? It's a bit crap you need a GBA to access part of the game :(

Got myself a fishing rod finally, theres a few fish that can earn you a good few bells. More and more people are moving into the village and Nook's Cranny has just been upgraded to Nook N' Go. Did it keep you interested for long monkeyfudge? I can see myself becoming a little bored, maybe with the change of seasons it gets more interesting.

Yes... I think myself and the girl I was living with at the time (in real life) were occupied for months by it. But it does get a little bit much, as you really need to visit Animal Crossing every day or the animals get upset with you.

The GBA link up isn't really much fun. But it is a way of making alot of money fast. You can give the little guy on the island fruit and he gets really happy the more you give him and you end up getting huge bags of Bells.

If you get into trying to collect things it's very good too. Trying to get all the fish and insects... I could never catch the bees...

Also trying to get a complete and matching set of furniture is fun too... oh and designing your own clothes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Also trying to get a complete and matching set of furniture is fun too... oh and designing your own clothes...
    I spent a few hours designing clothes the other day, now everyone in my brother's town is wearing them, I didn't know making clothes could be so much fun......

Also much fun is to be had by hitting animals with the bug net and pushing them around.

I've been playing around 2 months now, and I'm still hopelessly addicted, every day i check in on goose and co, catch some fish, dig some fossils and pay off more of my loan.......I can't stop playing......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

ive seen it in game and im really tempted, ill get it before christmas for sure. i love those little 'living games' like ahrvest moon etc...

• Advertisement

Designed my own clothing a few days ago.. Designed a cool flame picture and it looks well on the little guy. I found later that the game has it's own "flame shirt" but mine is better :) It looks good on his umbrella too.

I'm getting into the hang of the fishing, found 4 or 5 different species so far. Some of the fish are worth 3,000 or 5,000 bells so I'll be doing a fair bit of fishing to pay off the loan.
    I could never catch the bees...

Yeah they only appear on screen for about 2 seconds they're impossible to catch!

So what happens on Halloween? Anything good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is there anything more satisfying than having your neighbours walking around in your custom-made t-shirt emblazoned with a big hairy cock? Perhaps maybe sticking up a "Immigrants go home" sign at the train station.

Haven't played it in a few months, so I'm a bit afraid to go back to my village now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm not paying full price for a 2 year old game :mad:

definitely going to pick it up once it comes to players choice though (just noticed on play.com that zelda and fzero will both be rereleased soon :))

Did they change the names of the holidays for the PAL release? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere....

Also.. it's strange.. I have Harvest Moon : It's a Wonderful Life and I just couldn't get into it at all....

Can't wait till Animal Crossing DS... I'll be able to play it on the toilet at last...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I picked up recently. PAL version, unl33t as I am. It's weirdly compelling stuff, even if my animal chums do seem to take every oppourtunity to leave the village. Bloody ingrates! There's some brilliant bizzare innuendo though (I assume it's intentional!), and teaching a wolf to suffix his sentences with "in a VAN!" was greatly rewarding. :D

Any tips for fishing? I've been fishing almost exclusively in the sea, and I seem to catch the same three fish all the time. Also, how do you get special stuff off Gracie, the fashion designer? I've pummelled my thumb silly washing her car three times and gotten bog all...

EDIT: Monkeyfudge-- I don't think they've changed anything at all for the PAL release. I had a brief look through the game's calender and it still listed American holidays. Though I think they put a u in Labour Day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

tman wrote:
    i'm not paying full price for a 2 year old game :mad:

definitely going to pick it up once it comes to players choice though (just noticed on play.com that zelda and fzero will both be rereleased soon :))

It's about time Zelda came out on player's choice. Will get both of them now, and like yourself I'll wait til Animal Crossing is a player's choice title before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's been a year since I visited my animals. I wonder how they're doing without my wonderful letters and cleaning of weeds.

Is there anything more satisfying than having your neighbours walking around in your custom-made t-shirt emblazoned with a big hairy cock?

Ha, yeah why does it feel like a cock HAS to be drawn when you first use the design tool :)

Any tips for fishing? I've been fishing almost exclusively in the sea, and I seem to catch the same three fish all the time.

Fish in the river and the pond, there are different fish to be found there. There's a whole screen of fish to be found if you look at the empty slots in the fish inventory screen but I can't seem to find them, my only guess is that different fish and insects appear at different seasons and times of the year.

Though I think they put a u in Labour Day!
    Well that was worth waiting the extra year for then....

You are right Swifty. Different bugs and fish can be caught at different times of the year. Also, there are certain fish that are only to be found around the bottom of the waterfall. The fish that are harder to catch (ie, they break free, if you don't haul them in the instant the pad vibrates) are the best ones. I love the red snappers... they give you lots of bells...

If you get the GBA link up running... the guy who rows you out to the little island has some of the most dodgey dialogue in the the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I have no idea what's going on in this thread. I'll try again tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Just wondering, does anyone find themself laughing hysterically at k.k? you gotta wonder what the people at nintendo were on when they were making his songs......and then theres blanca, the cat who asks you to draw her a new face on the train, which has also taken up a whole lot of my time the last few weeks.

Advertisement