Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers

Options
  • 10-10-2004 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

For all those who want/need lockers. I'm 90% sure you're looking at an extremely early start in the morning. My friend and I are doing our yearly "catch the 06:20 bus from Lucan on the first day of term" thing..

It's in the arts block, near the security desk where you must go. You'll need to be early as they get taken up fast.. afaik it's €30-€35, half of which is a deposit..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ah crap. With my circadian rhythm, I suppose I may as well not bother even going to bed tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    Ah crap. With my circadian rhythm, I suppose I may as well not bother even going to bed tonight...

Hmm circadian rhythm.. nice phrase. I'm doin the same meself. Considerin I only got to sleep at 10 this mornin, woke up at 5 then. Stir-fry for breakfast is a difficult thing to get used to..

Wooh! Hardcore!!! :D

And stir fry. Really. That's SO unbecoming of a Trinity student, tut tut.

Also, you must go to chat. It's where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

You only have to be insanely early if you want a big one, if you don't mind getting a small one you can come in at 10 and still get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I like em big....mmmmmm.....

lockers that is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'll be there....

Big ones are only available for arts block end students afaik. At least they aint available for sci as there are none in the hamo. The reason I get there at the crack of dawn is to get them on the ground floor of the hamilton as opposed to way downstairs in the poxy Panoz (pharmacy) building..

/me hug's new locker!

i wub lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

/me hug's those extra 2hrs in bed

Got me locker bout 06:55. Took all of 2 minutes. Came back 20 mins later and the queue had turned into a monster the likes of which had not been seen since the pope visited in 1979..

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Got me locker bout 06:55. Took all of 2 minutes. Came back 20 mins later and the queue had turned into a monster the likes of which had not been seen since the pope visited in 1979..

Where are you atm? I'm almost certain I saw you earlier, you were just leaving as I was queueing for my locker. I'm in the Aras an Phiarsaigh, for the next 15 mins...

Edit: It's like a ****ing oven in here. Air conditioning anyone?

aye, it's ****ing roasting here.....

Lads wtf are yis doin in aras an ****zig.. come down to the laser huts.. thats where I be. Computers are better afaik too..

but's it's cold outside......

also, i''m downloading the mod Day of defeat @600k a second

Meh.. suit yisr selves. You'll soon learn of the awsomeness of the hutz.. Open 24hours.

EDIT: Loadsa comps free here too. I'm off now anyway to buy stationary.. (ooh wow I have such an exciting life)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heehee, on the nice mandrake PC's in the Hamilton atm....Nyom...

got my locker around 7.30 - saw you up ahead of me declan actually - i think.

Middle of the hamilton - noice :D

crash_000 wrote:
    Heehee, on the nice mandrake PC's in the Hamilton atm....Nyom...

got my locker around 7.30 - saw you up ahead of me declan actually - i think.

Middle of the hamilton - noice :D

Mine is on the bottom, darn..Ah well, I doubt I'll use it much..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ah, no locker for me this year but a bloody big filing cabinet in house 6

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Middle of the hamilton - noice
    same for me...mines in the hammo, dead centre- no crouching for me :)
    i guess going in for 7am was worth it afterall..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i'm at the bottom.

:-(

• Advertisement

Oh, my 1S2 lecturer is Hugli Remo (I think that's how you spell it, my timetable is in my bag but I can't be arsed rummaging for it..).

OKay...another subject choice question:

What's the difference between physics A and B (A being physics for those doing full maths, B being physics for those doing maths methods).

Is one easier than the other? Bear in mind that I never did physics for the Leaving Cert, so I don't want to be over my head all the time.

If physics B is easier in that respect, I may drop full maths and take up chemistry (Poor Gus, he's not going to have an easy time with me...). SOOO..how much different is CHEMISTRY to the LC version?

Thank you for reading (more) of my stupid questions. And sexual favours for anyone who answers them...:p

I'd imagine phys B is less mathematical but since nobody has done both I can't compare.. Recommend asking a member of the dept, they'd be more than happy to answer you if they can trust me..

If you didn't do phys for LC I wouldn't recommend it in college except for the really dedicated as it IS the most difficult of all the subjects in natural sci to catch up on. This is just the nature of it, building on foundations etc. Chem is just the LC plus a bit more.. it's pretty handy in 1st year, esp if you did it for the LC. Plus it's more applicable to your personal final degree choice.
    And WHY are you not doin geog/geol? Apart from being dead fooking handy (or so I hear), it's practically most of what env. sci is right?!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'd imagine phys B is less mathematical but since nobody has done both I can't compare.. Recommend asking a member of the dept, they'd be more than happy to answer you if they can trust me..

If you didn't do phys for LC I wouldn't recommend it in college except for the really dedicated as it IS the most difficult of all the subjects in natural sci to catch up on. This is just the nature of it, building on foundations etc. Chem is just the LC plus a bit more.. it's pretty handy in 1st year, esp if you did it for the LC. Plus it's more applicable to your personal final degree choice.
    And WHY are you not doin geog/geol? Apart from being dead fooking handy (or so I hear), it's practically most of what env. sci is right?!
    Geog/geology...know the reason why??

Yep. It's the 9am lectures. :D

I liked the look of it tbh, but 9am lectures means getting up at about 0630 or earlier, and to avoid that 3 days out of 5 is something I can't turn down. I don't function (can't concentrate, can't pay attention..mild ADD probably :p) without sleep.

Man, you're actually letting the timetable influence your subject choice.. :eek: So you would rather study something that will be of very little use to you for an entire year.. Then leaving you more work in the future??

Why didn't you just do orts!? They've got great timetables..

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Man, you're actually letting the timetable influence your subject choice.. :eek: So you would rather study something that will be of very little use to you for an entire year.. Then leaving you more work in the future??

Why didn't you just do orts!? They've got great timetables..
    I know, I'm a lazy ****e. But apparently you can take geog in 2nd year without doing it in 1st. And I've always wanted to do physics, so even if I waste a year on it at least I can put that to rest.

But yes, I am lazy, and I know it.

Well just make sure you got it researched right. It might just be a typo but just to clarify: you cannot take geography in SF without having done geog/geol in JF, you can take up geology however.

Your logic is weird IMHO but if it makes ya happy then by all means..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Originally posted by Pet:
    Oh, my 1S2 lecturer is Hugli Remo (I think that's how you spell it, my timetable is in my bag but I can't be arsed rummaging for it..).
    No!! You poor, poor guy...
    What's the difference between physics A and B (A being physics for those doing full maths, B being physics for those doing maths methods).
    As far as im aware PhyB would prob be the easier option, like ApeX said it is a little less mathematical and they dont go into as much detail on some topics...but i really wouldnt go choosing things just to get a nice timetable! it takes a while to get used to the early mornings but it really aint that bad. just think about what you wanna do in 2nd yr and make sure you do subjects this yr thatll allow you to do it!

Anyone know if there are 061 lecturers this year?(were there last year?, got dropped after 3 weeks in my year due to 0 attendence...)

No!! You poor, poor guy...

As far as im aware PhyB would prob be the easier option, like ApeX said it is a little less mathematical and they dont go into as much detail on some topics...but i really wouldnt go choosing things just to get a nice timetable! it takes a while to get used to the early mornings but it really aint that bad. just think about what you wanna do in 2nd yr and make sure you do subjects this yr thatll allow you to do it!

Um yes, he spent an entire lecture yesterday talking about using vectors to describe colours..nobody could hear what he was saying. But hey, he'll probably be better than Claas, eh?

Yeah, I'm gonna call into Gus again today and ask him what he thinks, poor guy, he'll never see the end of me..I'll ask my physics lecturer (Eric Finch - he's very English but very cool) to see what he thinks.

Edit: Oh, and I have SIX HOURS until my next lecture. I might go home..then again I might arse around, I dunno. :confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah i went home to a barrage of questions/****e about that vectors lecture....
    something that he was calling a coordinate a vector or something me lil bro recon'd?

Advertisement