Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon 5 DVD's

Options
  • 10-10-2004 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Having been fortunate enough to get series one on loan, would anyone be able to recommend a good site to order the films and series so I don't have to pay sterling prices?

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

umm..no

but i saw a post on the for sale/bargain board last week about the box sets being fairly cheap somewhere..

search ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

as Mordeth said they were on sale in HMV last week for €45 each which is extremely cheap as they are normally €99
    play.com have them for about €68
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=babylon+5&page=search&Go.x=18&Go.y=9

or dvd.co.uk
    http://www.dvd.co.uk/product.asp?id=D027461

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It's slightly cheaper if, like me, you buy the R1 DVDs off the likes of dvdsoon where it works out about €50 a season. I'd definetely recommend purchasing them - just finished S2 and was as impressed as I was the first time around. One thing to note that, if you do get them and haven't seen the full show then don't listen to the commentary tracks by JMS on the key episodes. He tends to explain how the events relate to what happens in the next five years and thus contains majors spoilers unless you've already seen them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hey, is that sale still on in HMV? I'll be in dublin next tuesday, and I'd be very happy if I can get them at that price.

no unfortunately they were all snapped up very quickly
    i went in on the tuesday of the sale and bought season 1 + 2 and when i went in a few days later the other seasons were all gone

• Advertisement

Oh and in case anyone has bought the DVDs but not seen the show then can I caution you not to listen to JMS commentaries? As wonderful as they are, he tends to assume you've seen the entire show and will spoil episoes right up to the finale. On a similiar note the introduction to the season, on the first disc of each set, contains spoilers for the rest of the year. Fine for me but people coming into the show, like Karl Hungus, might be less fascinated.

Yeah, I just watched the extras on Season 2! ****ing hell, spoilerville!

I'm looking to nab season 3 and 4, so maybe they might still be there cheap in Dublin?

Yeah, I just watched the extras on Season 2! ****ing hell, spoilerville!

I'm looking to nab season 3 and 4, so maybe they might still be there cheap in Dublin?
    HMV has these back on sale for €45 but if like me you bought them before from there, the box has changed
    i went in the other day and bought the 3rd season which is in the book style format with a dvd on each page, that was fine but the whole thing felt lighter than the previous versions but it looks the same
    the rest of the series was in a different box which was wider and contains 6 dvds in slim cases
    i bought it anyway, so its going to look weird in my collection, but for that price you can't complain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Ah... I was under the assumption that they changed the packaging across the board at some point? (I thought it was season 3, but I'm not sure, must check at home)?

I hear that Crusade is being released on R1 DVD in the US soon, as well...

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah they changed the packaging with Season 3. The outer packaging looks the same though.
    I hear that Crusade is being released on R1 DVD in the US soon, as well...

I wonder will anyone actually buy it, it was pretty crap.

• Advertisement

I'm kinda glad they changed the packaging so... Those poxy slipcases with the 6 little DVD cases inside sucked tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That sounds like the Season 3 packaging. Maybe you've got different Season 1/2 packaging to me? My Season 1&2 packaging looks the same on the outside, but the inside packaging is one 6-piece fold out plastic dvd case. My Season 3 packaging then is just the outer sleeve and 6 slimline dvd cases inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

That sounds like what I got, Stark - must check to be sure when I go home.

(I've been getting them more-or-less as quickly as they're released, rather than buying them all together, FWIW...)

Gadget

I'll be getting season 3 & 4 for christmas, ran in to HMV here in Galway and got them for a nifty €90. Funnily enough, the packaging is the same, all the little slim cases. I suppose that's good as now all my Babylon 5 box sets match. :)

I'll be getting season 3 & 4 for christmas, ran in to HMV here in Galway and got them for a nifty €90.
    Lucky bugger, seeing it for the first time. Just finished S3 there yesterday and really enjoyed it. Hopefully, you'll be able to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

I finally got into HMV - season's 2 and 4 are going for 49 each but series is going for 90.

Advertisement