Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on setting up a webcam

Options
  • 10-10-2004 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have Eircom broadband with a Netopia 3341 modem wired to a Linksys Wireless G router and would like to set up a webcam.

I have the cam in place on my wireless network but do not know how to allow access from the internet - any help on what I do to allow this on the modem and / or router would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if the camera has a built in web server, I'd imagine it's a case of setting up a bit of port forwarding in your router setup.... Maybe..

If it's one of those cameras that can upload a jpg via ftp at a given interval, setup the ftp details.

If you provide the make & model of the camera we might be able to be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved over to Nets/Comms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Hey,

If it's connected to a PC this software should help:
    http://www.biromsoft.com/webcam/

also Netopia call port forwarding - pinholes, and remember to save and restart the router, cause it is very tempermental. I have a guide for opening a pin hole, but its on my home pc so i'll post it up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 echo

The camera is an Axis 205. It says it has its own webserver.

I have looked on the modem and have seen Pinholes etc but have no idea what it all means - even after looking at the help. Well, I do - sort of - but I don't understand some of the settings I would be changing so haven't touched anything.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement