Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buffy

• 08-01-2001 3:36pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

I assume people know the fifth series has started on Sky? wheres Wyrvenne with his usual 9 million posts about her?

Draco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Watched it the other night: One question.....
    I know various excesses have fogged my memory but since when did she have a sister???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

she has a sister?
    wtf
    is she as nice looking? can she kick **** into peeps too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol, i think its some surprise plot twist....

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yep she has a sister now. It's explained about 3/4's way into the series but you can guess something is up by what happens when her sister bumped into the mad guy.

Guess that means you haven't seen the Cthulu in a red dress. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

at least Xander is still there smile.gif

one, two, three victims tongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This plot takes a clalss turn. Ive know the plot but havent seen it yet. I heard it goes back to season 3 greatness but wiht spike inculded, hint amazing show.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I think you are missing the main surprise,
    In Angel, the singing of Mandy in a kareoke bar, to what does this mean???.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

All i want to know is when Riley and Willow die in a flaming train wreck smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The Karioke bar is owned by a Demon who offers help to other demons on the condition they sing a song for him. Angels singing is dire.

Angel is getting pretty good too. Still not sure what the Waltham and heart thing is though.

Tsk, its a big evil law firm, pe0n tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Angel is way better.
    Its a lot more darker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

You ever notice in Angel that it's always daytime if you look out the window? How does he move around? smile.gif I've only seen a few episodes and I've seen this happen more than once.

Vampires in the buffy-world can be exposed to non-direct sunlight. So according to the good Mr Whedon, Angel could walk down the street as long as it was in the shade. Which is alright with me as long as Cordelia is with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

It's a lot darker
    It's a lot more dark
    One way or the other you can't have a hybrid of both.
    It is though but, I can be arsed watching them both ,im still trying to work out what happened in the 3series I missed of buffy.

You have been kicked from #transexuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

I wept when I saw the 1st episode, It was truly a travesty of plot writing, I mean, Dracula? f.uck off. I really wanted to see buffy go dark for a bit, It'd be cool if she was a vamp, y'know in a angel-slay-the-wicked sort of way.

I'll take your word for the sister thing, they'ed better have purpose beyond making a few cheap episodes.

if your up for a laugh, go slag buffy in the "bronze", a buffy board, you get called a "duck" and I got a million replies 'bout my f.ucking filthy mouth, tsk, yanks ehh?

masaaki2.jpg

A new star's shining on an ancient story
    That can take your mind to new horizons
    Where laughter and adventure crosses borders
    Of time and place to love and wisdom

Monkey Magic *sniff*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

oh and:

will somebody frickin' kill willow(whiny whore), riley(soft b@stard) and tara(is she the most boring person ever to appear on telly? yes she is) tara and willow don't even get it on, tsk.

they should never have killed that irish bloke, doyle in Angel, he was carrying the show. the new series is quite good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭NakedBibleReadingMan

lets be honest..........how many of you watch Buffy for the plot? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

the plots are good, its just the lesbians and high-kicking blonde lassies are better wink.gif

I Live (in a dream world)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Call me sad, but I really genuinely do watch it for the plots and the dialogue smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

B U F F Y

OM NYOM DIDDLEY OM NYOM

/ME DROOOOOOOOOOOOLS ALL OVER HER NICE SUMPTUOUS BRE...S LOL

by the way heres my joke, an ant walks up to an elephant and he is dying for a shag now i mean DYING oh yeah, so he whispers the female (yeah sorry draco no gay pron today) so anyway he whispers in the female elphants ear, listen honey im gagging, could i just quietly slip ya one eh! whaddya say luv, the elephant nochalantly nods her head not really giving a rats ars3 what he does...

so the ant makes his ay back and starts pumping away as hard as a lumberjack oooooh yeah (without the elephant even noticing)... when one of the orangutans decides hes going to spoil little ants fun and he picks up a rock and throws it at the elephant..

the elephant roars up and shouts "ow"

the ant in a fit of heated passion starts shouting

"thats right B1tch TAKE IT, HAW HAW YEAH"

m33p m33p :-) :P

ah iz kewl and l33t

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chubby:
    You ever notice in Angel that it's always daytime if you look out the window? How does he move around? smile.gif I've only seen a few episodes and I've seen this happen more than once.</font>

Didn't Buffy give hime some Vampire ring of invulnerability or something that she took from Spike?

Ever seen Interview With The Vampire? They only got burned by the direct sunlight!

[Nsk]Victor
    [NSK]MAC10ASSASSIN
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
    I know things about pigeons, Lily

[This message has been edited by Victor (edited 14-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    she has a sister?
    wtf
    is she as nice looking? can she kick **** into peeps too?
    </font>

Yes she has a sister (remember she also has a father)

She is nice looking in a 14-year old kinda way

Can she kick? I just don't know.

[Nsk]Victor
    [NSK]MAC10ASSASSIN
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
    I know things about pigeons, Lily

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wyverne:
    (yeah sorry draco no gay pron today)</font>
    Er, what?

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

Originally posted by Draco:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wyverne:
    (yeah sorry draco no gay pron today) Er, what?

Draco
    </font>

sorry m8 bad joke, apologies smile.gif

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 15-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Ive never bothered with Buffy, but I started watching Angel on channel 4 when they moved it t the later slot, caught the last 6 eps or so, now theyre going through it all again from the start so Im watching that. I was pleasently surprised, I didnt actually expect it to be any good smile.gif Im not going to say anything about the plot because I dont know where TV3 is, as i cant pick it up here :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NakedBibleReadingMan:
    lets be honest..........how many of you watch Buffy for the plot? smile.gif</font>

I don't know about the rest of you but I watch it for the comedy. If you just want eye candy watch bumwatch, boobwatch, babewatch, etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Spike is one of the funniest characters on tv at the moment imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

God stupid ppl. Buffy is a kick ass show because of Joss Wheadon (creator), just beause buffys in there doesnt mea tis a stupid show. The dialogue is brillant and im sure that most of u started watching in season 4 when it started to get slightly worse because Joss wheadon was working on angel. Hint if u h8 the show so much why in the world would u watch it. And if you think it is just a show to look at buffy or maybe u should atually listen to the lines instead of staring at "buffy girl parts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Lads, yis can say what you like but Buffy is just about the best thing on TV.

And yes it has much eye candy but it also has some class one liners and genuinely entertaining storys.

• Advertisement

Lets not forget it was nominated for (possibly won, not sure) an Emmy for Writing too.
    agree about doyle, hes a mate of a mate too, so there went my chance to meet the bould cordelia frown.gif
    Didnt they already do the current sister storyline last season with that guy turned up at the start of an episode being the most famous person in the world with no explanation? The sister thing seems like a similar plot, since there is absolutly no explanation for her. Comments like 'She grew up in this house knowing the rules' are ****ing me off smile.gif
    On the plus side Spike said 'Bollix' the other night smile.gif

That ep was on tv3 tonight wasn't it dust? (i was wondering why it seemed so familiar, i'm not THAT much of a buffy fan, like to rember every ep wink.gif )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

In last nites epsiode of angel, wesley called angel a ****er, i thought that was quite funny smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

that's a w.a.n.k.e.r btw biggrin.gif

Lol, guessed that wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thnik both shows are getting better, me and the missus tend to watch both of a friday evening and we were in stichs at angle.. first hthe w@nker remark, and then the who denzel thing.
    oh lord, good stuff. and while i admit id love to shag buffy 6 ways from sunday, i actually watch the show coz its just really entertaining.
    if you want to look at boobs, surf the net your little ragamuffins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭PostmanPat

Why in hell did they scrap Doyle from Angel, he was better for wise cracks etc. and what about a crap replacement Wesley for f**k sake!!

(|8¬,
    PostmanPat !

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Id say angel is better than buffy, personally i believe angel is what they wanted buffy to be from the start but had to switch to more c heerful material immediatly, angel is much darker, and cooler.
    One episode i saw last week involved angel leaving a room full of ppl to die.
    As for wesley, hes got some cool lines, remember that episode in buffy where she could read ppls mind and wesley was thinking about cordelia naked, cracked me up.

Advertisement