Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murder Mystery Parties

• 10-10-2004 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to come up with a good departmenal halloween party theme and as we will already be having a work fancy dress, I'm looking for something smaller and fun for mt department to do.

I've heard murder mystery parties can be fun if organised properly. Does anyone have any experiences with em, are they any good, are there any kits you can buy to run them?

Would I be better off just bringing everyone out for a pint? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yeah they are really good fun, I actually know of an Irish independent company that runs them, provides the actors etc. Dont know how expensive it is but I cant imagine its very dear. Heres the website, certainly worth a look

http://www.iol.ie/~whodunnits/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Yeah, I've taken part in one or two before (not with mates, mind you, just family). The ones I did were based around dinner, so you had food while you went through the motions. Never done the full on ones, like the ones you have to go to a hotel for!

It was a good laugh, but everyone has to be into it.
    I'd say the kits would be easy to get, even the art and hobby shop should stock (or that new place at the top of Grafton St.).

See if other people are interested first, and see if you can find a setup that would suit the group more (rotating around drink or something :D).

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

flogen wrote:
    See if other people are interested first, and see if you can find a setup that would suit the group more (rotating around drink or something :D).

flogen

They'll do what they're told dammit and damn well enjoy it! ;) hehe, nah seriously, obviously there would be food and drink provided and I have quite a budget this year for socials so I don't mind the cost.

Would probably prefer not to hire in profs but I guess I'll run a democracy and see what they want.

I hope having kids isn't this demanding ;)

Just out of interest, anyone else done this or have better ideas for a Halloween party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

syke wrote:
    or have better ideas for a Halloween party?

drunk mudwrestling stripper party... who the hell needs murder mysteries :D

Advertisement