Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick request: email me the eircom Broadband USB installation software.

• 10-10-2004 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Subject says it all, need the eircom broadband USB installation software for the Cayman modem... if anyone could email it to me I'd be most appreciative: bob.burke@gmail.com - thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Have you tried.. looking on the manufacturers website for it?

If you haven't, give yourself a swift rap over the knuckles now please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Moriarty wrote:
    Have you tried.. looking on the manufacturers website for it?

If you haven't, give yourself a swift rap over the knuckles now please.

I looked through eircom support, and Googled several different variations of "eircom broadband software installation download" but I couldn't find anything. Care to point me in the direction I have missed?

No, but eircom provide the USB installation software for the Netopia modem. I have already trawled through Netopia's thoroughly unhelpful support and found nothing. Should either of you wish to come down from your almighty steeds of wisdom and point a simple peasant such as myself in the right direction within Netopia's website then I would be most appreciative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

MAybe you could try phoning Eircom and asking for a CD to be sent out?

• Advertisement

I'm sure I could, and thanks for suggesting it but I couldn't do that until the morning and I am almost sure the installation files are pretty small so simply getting a copy emailed to me by some kind-hearted user would be perfect. I might end up having to ring eircom anyway though.

What's the specific model of the modem? Have you phoned eircom? Didn't you get an installation cd when you got your modem first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Maybe someone could do what the guy wants and just mail him the damn software and stop being a pain. (I would if i knew where my CD is [ill have a quick look])

It's a Netopia Cayman 3341 (3300 Series), no I have not phoned eircom as they are hard enough to get in contact with during office hours - never mind slightly after midnight. Had you read the opening post it is for a friend and yes, I am sure he did get an installation CD when he first recieved the modem but he has lost it and asked me could I find the software for him again seens as he reinstalled Windows a couple of hours ago and is now left without internet connectivity. No, he can not use an ethernet cable as his computer does not have an ethernet card.

Opti: thanks a lot, appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

had you read the opening post
    Subject says it all, need the eircom broadband USB installation software for the Cayman modem... if anyone could email it to me I'd be most appreciative: bob.burke@gmail.com - thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Bob

Maybe I'm just really, really sh*t at reading between the lines, but I fail to see where you said any of that stuff regarding your friend, lost CDs, reinstallations, or lack of Ethernet cards.

• Advertisement

not at home now so im going there now and i think i have a eircom install disk there (cant find the one here) but no BB at home so if the files are big which im sure there not ill mail them.

My apologies, I was almost sure I had said for my friend as I have no such need for the CD or software because I use ethernet. The "had you read the opening post" clause only applied the to the "for a friend" portion of that sentence, once again, my apologies.

Thrice again, could anyone pop in the eircom CD and send me the relevant files if they have 30 seconds. Thanks.

found files sending them now

Thanks a lot man, are they big?

check your mail 0.93MB i think zipped 2Mb unzipped

Taken to PM... mods feel free to close. Thanks a lot Opti.

Sorry for opening this up again but I didn't recieve any mail from Opti so if anyone could please try again. My request is for someone to email the eircom installation files for the Netopia (so I an install the USB interface). My email address is bob.burke@gmail.com and .zip attachments are fine. Again, thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Bob

i mailed you but it failed? address does not exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

• Advertisement
Advertisement